?

?

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

"To make a long story short"....Ha Ha guess again.

Ok, here's the deal, I weren't gonna post for another couple days 'cause I ain't got hardly nuttin to talk about. But I commed over here to the computer 'cause there ain't a damn thing worth watch'n on the T/V. I DO watch T/V ya know. I mean like, what else is a guy got to do after the sun goes down (11pm as I type)?

First we gonna talk "billy jeep". Everybody know I like to tear shit apart an' attempt to put it back together. Shoot, now I forget if I tole you bout cleaning the a/c coil under the dashboard. Air flow is still not right. Blow good out 1 vent an' low air out 4 others. Googled for hours. It sid clean the damn dirty a/c coil....what I did. This was with the dashboard still in the car. Only way to get to the coils was to remover the blower fan and reach up through this little hole bout as big as my grandaughters hand. On the back side of the coil, I could get to it through the little hole I cut in the HVAC housing....not much room, but there it was, the a/c coils Squirted my secret formula cleaner on the back side till it got damp on the other side. Then I took the garden hose to it....shined a light through it.....by placing a mirror up the blower wheel hole to see light shined from the back side. Put it all back together and said to hell with it. Damn, that was long....sorry.

Then me an' Robert figger out we need to flush out the heater coil. We also discussed flushing out the entire cooling system, heater, engine an' radiator. Heater hoses is got to be disconnected to flush the heater. Where they go in at the firewall, my grandaughters hand, there is no way she could do it. The hoses need to be disconnected at the water pump. Oh boy, tight fit....now how the hell?

This afternoon I was sit'n out there on  the deck sip'n up a cup an' goes take me a look. Well hell, I betcha a dollar I can do it. The lower hose was from under the car. A few choice words and a couple slips of the channel lock and the clam slid back. Barely enough room to get my stroung hand around the hose to slide it off.....thank ya channel locks, the hose is off.
A short break to regain my composure an' sip up a cup, I tackled the top hose. Holy cows, there a serpentine belt right in my way, but I betcha a dollar I can do it with the belt in place. Channel locks did a wonderful job of sliding the hose clamp back, but now the hose won't move. Not much room. Channel locks to the rescue to break loose a stuck hose. It turns, but don't slide off. Ha, I betcha a dollar if I take my big screwdriver I can faniggle that hose right off that pipe. What it did.

That's when I see blood. All over the top of the radiator an, fan shroud. My freak'n arm is bleeding an' I got me 3 brand spank'n new "old folks" bruises. big ol' ones. Will have to wear a long sleeve shirt for a week so's folks don't see my injuries. I don't that before, so it ain't no biggie.
At 6pm, Robert shows up from work. We hooks up a warter hose to the outlet heater an' turns on the water. We are back flushing the heater core. Then we front flushes it.....the whole procedure 3 times, or was it 4?
That was it for the day, there is always tomorrow.

Damn this is a long post.

Good news an' a little bad news. Yesterday I didn't feel like do'n nuttin, so's I didn't. That was the bad news. Today started out the same, but that changed after a couple 3 hours. I'm do'n great with my breathing. Ain't cough'n up much that flem stuff no more. I got one them capacity breath'n thingys an, I've increased my capacity by 500 ml from 1500 to 2000 ml since I met that cute little breath'n doctor. The puff meds are do'n their thing an' I rekon maybe the nebulizer is too. Finished 1 set of antibiotics an' still got 10 days to go on another. Oh yeah, I got to go get me a xray before the 22nd. Maybe tomorrow.

My feet swell'n is so much better after taking magnesium for almost a week. Google is your best friend. my stomach issues are also much better. I can eat almost a full meal an' not be bloated an' plugged up. Man boy howdy, I sure were worried bout that.

Ok, I'm gonna leave it at that. Shit, this ended up a book....sorry. 

After i published this I thought of something else very important to tell ya. So's I click edit. I have not the faintest what I was gonna say......see ya laters.

14 comments:

  1. hi BB. wow ,it almost seems that your on your way to getting as good as new health wise . maybe you will be going on your family's next camping trip after all ,if you are felling as good as you have been lately maybe even maybe falcon lake ,that 14 pound bass ,and a trip to visit your other kids and grand kids in texas and you and i going back to mexico some day ? you remember? you love the real authentic mexican food . lol . or maybe not going to mexico .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Louie, but my health will never be like new. Lungs do NOT repair themselves. And my lungs are in bad shape.
      Yeah, I been think'n more on the family camp'n trip. It's bee a long time since I've been camp'n.
      Ha Ha to the Falcon lake an' my 14 pound bass fish. But would dearly love to make a trip to Texas for all the reasons you mentioned. Mexico, not so much thought on that. But I DO still have memories....yum yum to our authentic Mexican we had in Juarez.

      Delete
  2. hi BB. i am sorry to tell you that i will be attending my murdered friend estela's memorial service and funeral today , hope you will have a nicer day than me today. take care .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope flushing that heater core does the trick for you. I get them "old folk bruises" soon as I go to do something, hmm really sucks.
    Glad that you feeling better soon be brand new !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heater is flushed out with only water. The cooling system flush will do more good.
      Not brand new in the health department George but maybe being able to do things again. Maybe even swak a golf ball.

      Delete
  4. bb, keep on keepin on. you're doin good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank's em. It feels great to be able to breath better again.

      Delete
  5. I'm so happy to read you are feeling better! You keep tinkering with the 'billy jeep' and before you know it, it will be purring like Leonard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy. I'm sooo happy too. "billy jeep" purrs just fine. It's the damn air flow and amount of heat I get on hi heat....bout 120 degs. Not quite enough for cold weather to even begin to feel warm.

      Delete
  6. I relate to what happened when you clicked edit. I've discovered if I want to write a comment I have to do it before I read other comments. Otherwise, I forget what I was going to say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha Linda, ain't get'n old hell? Even this morn'n I still don't remember what I was gonna say.

      Delete
  7. I always worry when someone says "to make a long story short", it usually takes them hours to tell it. Now, you seem to be the exception. Oh yes, does the cute little breathing doctor make you take deep breaths without asking you to???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, BB. Just want to let you know I am still looking for a post from you.
    Sure am glad to find what I'm lookin' for!! Good news that you are feeling better. My "old man" uses inhalers regularly --every four hours---since he developed asthma in 1992. He is using Ventolin and asthmanex(sp?) now. The Ventolin every four, the asthmanex only once a day. He has to rinse afterward because the stuff affects his voice in a bad way; rinsing helps. Take care of you. If you come to TX, you can come by here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always glad to read your blog post. We just got a new to us Jeep Wrangler and I installed a Blue OX base plate, and running boards. Left arm is bleeding from elbow to wrist with new skin openings. Bruises on both arms, you gotta just keep on doing I guess. Take care, I was going to say something else but forgot what it was dang it.

    ReplyDelete