?

?

Monday, August 20, 2012

Preparing to depart Georgia

Just a short note to let ya know....Billy Bob is slow. Be in low gear here this morn'n. Got lots to do.

Well maybe not lots to do, but I got to git off'n my butt and do something. I like sit'n on my butt....it's cool.

Now where am I gonna put all that stuff sit'n on the cabinet thingy in the bedroom....what gonna fall on the floor soon as I make a hard right turn? "My God Billy Bob, ya got 300 books sit'n up there". And I read them all. Why the hell am I keep'n them? Old western paperbacks are like gold, they gonna increase in value. And I could read them again.....ya know.

Been think'n bout start'n a new project. A doll house to sit over there on that cabinet in the living room. 

Sometime this afternoon:
Oh crap....I forgot to finish this post.....this is what ya get today....for now at least.

A little later this afternooon:
I have few minutes to spare while the grankids are off do'n their own thing an' Robert is start'n supper....another Billy Bob recipe.  I calls it Italian chicken....you would love it. I rekon in some circles you could call it Billy Bob chicken conglomeration....or something like that. One pan meal deal ya know.

All that stuff what was gonna fall to the floor on the first right turn is now secure. Ever thing is all load up. Some things I probly won't find again for a year or so. Dishes is all wash an' put in the cabinets. Only had 1 fork left, so it was time.

Granson Nick says to me...."Papaw, the "billy bike" ain't shift'n right again". Turn it upside down and breaks out my tools. That Schimano gear thingy on the back ain't work'n right....stripped threads on the dooflotchie bolt what hold the thingybob together done come loose. "Now what ya gonna do Billy Bob"? Well shoot, I gonna fix it, that's what. In my assortment of nuts an' bolts I gots the perfect bolt for that. Crank that bolt down so tight I were think'n it were gonna break.

In the mean time, Robert an' Nick change the tubes in both tires. Ain't no sticker burr gonna stop me now. These tubes are hell on wheels. Big ol' thick tubes with green slime in 'em. High dollar too, I betcha a dollar.

I guess I'm all ready to pull out of here in the morn'n head'n west towards Texas....long bout 10am to noon.

10 comments:

  1. I think you ought to replace the books you read with new ones. Of course westerns don't get old and are always good to read again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang this blogger comment thingy....try'n again.
      Dizzy, problem with replac'n read books with new is that there ain't no good writers no more.

      Delete
  2. I've never built a doll house but I think they would take a lot of patience. You sure you got enough?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't got no chance this morn'n to explain my doll house. Just picture a mini cactus garden with an adobe shack sit'n in the middle of it. Adobe bricks made by hand by Billy Bob & Company....

      Delete
  3. The only thing better than the slime tubes for thorns are the solid foam tires I ran in Washington.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you going to try and catch Barney?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try to catch Barney? He be wait'n for me I betcha a dollar.

      Delete
  5. Now you make sure you post here just before you leave in the morning so we can set the timer and know when you find a spot to sleep. Is it still to hot to sleep in a parking lot or rest area. You know if you join the Elk's Lodge you can stay in their parking lot with power for about $10.00 a night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well River, when I waked up this morn'n it were cold....something like bout 64 degs. By the time I get to Texas, the humidity should be low enough for a good nights sleep at any of the rest areas along I-20.

      Delete
  6. Have a safe trip out! Um, those tubes don't hold out. I just changed one a couple of weeks ago...next day. Flat! But I forgot to check the tire for nails before I put the new tube in. Dumb move on my part.

    ReplyDelete