?

?

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Now what....dim lights

Holy crap Charlie Brown, the lights in "da house" are dim. We had just finished supper and a BS session on the back porch. Me and Sadie goes to "da house" for another relax'n even'n of watch'n junk on tv. What's this?? What the hell wrong with the lights? It's dark in here.

I breaks out a trusty flashlight and shines it on the solar charge controller to check the battery voltage. My battery bank is almost dead....11.79 volts. Ok, how comes they dead??? Normally I leave stuff turned on (lights) while I'm hook up to a power cord cause I got a 115 volts converter to keep the batteries charged. Ok, how comes they dead?? A quick inspection inside and outside reveals that the controller is no longer functioning properly. Well shoot, it ain't function'n at all. So's that's my project for today....fix the damn thing.

 Cheap kit made in China...$399. Good kit made in Canada.....$1800.

Have ya ever tried to put a motor on a bicycle? Well, that what I been do'n....but to no avail. I run up against a wall.....cash. Did you know that a "good" electric e-bike motor kit cost as much as I can buy 10 Walmart bicycles for? The cost for a "cheap" China made kit costs almost as much as I can buy a complete e-bike with the same freak'n kit already on it. At Walmart an' Target of course. So now I'm stuck with a bicycle what I have to push up hills, can't buy lower speed gears for it and to motorize it would cost a arm and one used leg. "Damn Billy Bob, you git yerself into some kind of stuff don't ya"? The two wheel motorized saga will continue.

Since I got the registration for "that jeep" took care of, I got to think'n.....why did I do that? If'n I'm go'n to Deming I could have just waited till I got there. Now I got to worry myself plumb sick over the mail lady losing my mail or old "pesky" not check'n my mailbox. I've dealt with both situations more than onest with both of 'em.

Something I rarely do is balance my check book. I don't write more than 4 checks a year unless I'm stuck in some cheap run down Taj Mahal rv park. Thumb'n through 3 months of bank and debit card statements, I figger I done spend way too much money here in Ga. "Sally da house" eat up most of it in repairs, maintenance and modifications. But now I ain't got no extra change lay'n round for the frivolous (gotta have) things to make life fun and adventurous. I gotta pinch some pennies. Expenditures on Georgia trip....$6000 plus or minus. Damn, golf is expensive. 

Ya know what piss me off? Some young 30 years old tell'n me I ain't old. What does a 30 years old know bout old? Aching bones, cain't hear squat, tired all the time, take 2 hours to wake up, cain't sleep at night, get all outta breath just walk'n to the bathroom.....did I mention aching bones. Old age sets in at different ages for different folks. I know some folks what are 50/60 year old, and they are afflicted with more ailments than the old Billy Bob. Then I know old folks 80 year old what run around like little kids with a brand spank'n new toy. It ain't what ya do now what makes ya old, it what ya did when you was young what makes ya old. Well maybe a nagg'n woman, or in a few extreme cases, a man with a beer in his hand say'n "watch this" could make ya age prematurely.

Ok...enough nonsense for one day. Got things to do.....laters.

6 comments:

  1. Your last paragraph is solid gold, BB. Older people tried to tell me when I was young that smoking would age me prematurely, but did I listen? Young folks are careless because they can't ever imagine themselves growing old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ain't gonna say that smok'n is what makes a person old. It may have some effect, but I'm guess'n some bodies just wear out before others depend'n what ya do with them and how much ya abuse them.

      Delete
  2. My sister in law was always looking forward to some nice retirement at the beach..She had two strokes on the job working in the food service ordering all the food for a huge hospital..broke her ankle while being checked out by a physician checking her for post-stroke stuff..she is just working in that hospital to pay them off, she has health insurance with them but her body is damned near shot to you know what..I guess smoking since she was young did that to her and love of fine wines..Her husband who works as a TSA fulltime had bypass for his heart, gave us the smokes for good, but his body is not too great..No one suggested they stop smoking..geez when one wants to enjoy themselves as they age, one would have thought to stop the smokes, alcohol running like crazy..Most men do not live too long after any kid of retirement at all, their pension funds attest to that and so does social security, take the money and run is what I say and live like you will go to the Lord tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have type 2 diabestes big wake up call, I walk most everywhere and do try to watch all I intake, never smoked, thanks to God for that and alcohol, my daddy had the alcohol shit, to me it is heridetary many in my family have the drink as they call it and it is not good at all ruins lives, so I have never thought to ruin my life with it, drugs, hell no I have to take them now for high blood pressure and the type 2 diabetes and all, but I do try to eat more veggies and fruits (small amounts) and walk and walk, most people never think they will get old, I was raised by people in their 80's when I was young my momma died when I was very young, I saw what afflictions they had and it wasn't a happy sight, but they were wise, never smoked, never drank and made all their foods themselves, one grandmother I never went to a restaurant as she was the best cook ever, she made my clothing and my siblings and could make anything out of nothing, living thru severe poor conditions, but on a farm it was not like the rest of the country..so I got a sense of common sense and family!!!!!!!! Still they were not loving people and I yearned for a family that would be loving, I got it when I married my hubby almost 40 years later we are happy, our only child in her thirties is single, wants someone like her daddy, never found a decent fellow who is funny, warm, loving, kind honest and adores her Momma and is crazy for her, so she is still single like most in the big city where she lives thousands of miles from her kin, but she gets to near us and we go by train to see and be with her..take care, everything will be alright, just take it one day at a time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!love your blog!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you fix a converter? I will have to look into that. I would probably first check the Zener diodes. But you are the fix-it guy, Me, I just break things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Dizzy, if'n it can be fixed, I'll tackle it.
      But......read tomorrows post.

      Delete
  4. Hey BB~Have you checked out the folks @ Spooky Tooth Bikes in Tucson? They have some stuff that looks pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete