?

?

Monday, May 11, 2015

Georgia trip

Into the start of my 14th year of full time RV'n, I'm bout wored slap out. I base this on my experiences of "go'n down the road" for the last 4 years. They ain't been all that easy like they supposed to be.

I rekon I can give ya a little recap of the trip from south Texas to Georgia, but it ain't gonna be nuttin excit'n. It all started back at "el Rancho Abraham's RV Resort". We had a awning to roll up. A new awning will be ordered in the next few days. Ya see, when ya leave a awning out an' the winds get up, the awning material will stretch on the windward side. Then, when ya roll it up, it don't roll straight, due to the stretched material. An' when that happens, the locking arms refuse to assume the locking position. Go'n down the road a hunnert mile a hour, that dad gum awning could all a sudden unroll itself an' probly gonna do some serious damage. Adjustments was attempted. The awning now has a couple small tears on each end....what will eventually make their way all the ways down the roller bar thingy to the other end. We forced it to the locking position.

The State inspection was no problem at all like I done tole you a few days ago. Nice lady. We hit the road, highway 77 north with a changeover at Rockdale onto highway 79 north. Along the way we stopped for a pee break at a picnic area. This is when Robert rescued the cat puppy from under "Sally da house".

Other than a storm up the road a piece, the entire trip was a piece of cake. Gas mileage a bit lower than what I like to see, but we made it all the ways to "Yo Mama's" in Geogia (1021 mile) on bout 120 gallons of gas.

Ok, I got a house full...cain't talk no more for a bit.......


 See....I tole you

8 comments:

  1. glad you and Robert made it safe. enjoy ga and kin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see where you mentioned stopping overnight along the way. You didn't drive the entire 1000+ miles in one go, did you? I'm happy you are there - now enjoy the family and get rested up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling kitty; I would have to work to keep from squeezing it too hard.

    Glad you made it safely back to Georgia. My thanks to Robert for helping you get there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In that next to the last picture, it looks like that cat puppy is typing its own blog posting. . . It is really cute. What does Sadie May have to say about it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. that cat puppy has your eyes bill. just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you there, settle in and relax.
    Nice cat puppy and toy for sadie may?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, don't know why my comment didn't post yesterday. Hmm again. That baby kitten is precious, no doubt. How anyone could be so cruel to drop animals off to live or die is beyond my comprehension. May they encounter a future hotspot!

    Try to have great expectations for your future and enjoy every day spent with your family. I bet they are all 'thrilled to pieces' having you back. Now, was all your worry about the trip to Ga. worth it or necessary? Of course, I do that too.

    OH, NOW I recall yesterday; that 'prove you're not a robot' thing wouldn't work; tried several times; so I didn't get to post my comment. Oh, my goodness; something is out of whack with my brain.

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute kitty. His/her nose is a smudge. Glad you are back where you can get help

    ReplyDelete