?

?

Monday, May 4, 2015

Yeee haw....one more day

Robert arrives tomorrow afternoon. In case ya didn't know, he's not arriv'n from Georgia, but from Dallas/Ft. Worth. By rental car. I can hardly wait.

You would think that when somebody offers to give ya a hand preparing a big ol' motorhome for a thousand mile trip, you would be all excitis. When Robert told me he would be the one to assist, excitement began to grow. Ha, that din't last long. The stress is kill'n me.....mak'n me sick like a dog. Cain't sleep. Pains intensify...."where's mey dad gum aspirin"?

Ya see, Robert skeers hell out me when he climbs behind the wheel of a motorhome. Our last experience, in "Alice", was when we were on a two lane back road with very little shoulder. Mailboxes was planted in the ground 4 feet from the pavement. Now I know how to drive on them kind of roads, but Robert....God only knows why we didn't take out a hunnert mailboxes. I were so tight I couldn't even fart....hold'n on for dear life. "Robert, git back on the road". I take a look see, he's 5 or 6 feet from the center line......damn boy!!!

Be'n that Robert has been away from home for the last couple three weeks, he's gonna be in a hurry to get to Georgia lickity split. I don't dare close my eyes while he is behind the wheel...."put it on a hunnert an' let 'er eat". I will be do'n all the driving I can. I'm think'n go'n into the morn'n of the forth day for the trip with a nice sleep over every night at some rest area or truck stop.

My inverter is burned up. But I done tole you that bout a year ago. Any computer time on the road we will run the generator....free A/C while it's run'n. Dang, I cain't believe I forgot to replace the inverter. Will do that in Georgia. Reinstall my old 2500 watt square wave an' be done with it. Shoot, I could run a a/c off that thing if it was a true sine wave. *technical talk*

Did too much yesterday. All the dishes are done an' I vacuumed an' warshed the dashboard. Applied a coat of Armorall on half of it before I couldn't go on no more. Finish that today. Floors were sweeped an' trash bag filled. Today I feel like I worked a 8 hour day. I ain't gonna do nuttin. Oh wait, yes I am....but "low an' slow". Think'n Weber here.

Ok, I better do something, even if it ain't right.   

7 comments:

  1. LOL Now Dad, relax, he didn't hit any mail-boxes. And just cause that's the way you have always done it, doesn't mean that's the only way to do it.

    Robert, you have my sympathies. ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billy Bob, when I'm scared to death & somebody else is driving, I do the opposite. I hide my face, don't look. Just hope for the best. Many years ago in the mountains near Sequoia in CA, I buried my face in my lap, and hoped my daughter would get us down. We were in a new Camaro, and the dealer had stressed that we lay off the brakes. Daughter listened. That ride was like a Disney roller coaster for me! Then, later, when husband & I were in a 30' motor home towing a car, city traffic scared me to death. Especially in the DFW area. My escape was to go in back, let him handle it, and just hope for the best. I lived to tell you about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just keep reminding yourself that the way it looks from the passenger seat is different than the way it looks from the driver's seat. That's what I have to do. Then I take a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Daddy, listen to what they are saying, I got this... Be there around noon. I think I know where you are. State hwy 180. See you soon. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sat in the passenger seat once and it is pretty scary, thats why I like to drive too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is better for my nerves to drive. Mom doesn't say much. I recommend a nap while he drives. It really does look worse from the passenger seat.

    ReplyDelete