?

?

Sunday, August 30, 2015

A couple pcs.....Just a couple???

Man boy howdy. That's bout all I have to say bout that. Remember that "energy boost" I was tell'n ya bout??? Ha, that sucker was gone.....poooof, just like that. I know there's something wrong inside this old body, but try'n to convince the damn doctor of that, just don't work out. We call the doc office. Still no appointment to fix the first thing. What the hell???

I just knowed I was gonna do it, an' that's exactly what I did. My boat build'n table is a total disaster. I glue my fingers to everthing. Big ass hammers an' all kinds of construction tools lay'n on the floor. Leonard was chew'n on a piece of balsa wood.....my wood. Ya got the picture? I got some clean up to do before further boat construction. No pic, I done got it mostly cleaned up last night.

Speak'n of glue, have ya ever use the real thing....CA super glue? All ya gotta do is remove the cap an' you got super glue on a finger or two. I tryed the thin rubber (what ever) gloves. Ha, got me two pieces of wood glued together with a chunk of rubber glove between 'em.
Anyhows, I was think'n...how I gonna get all this glue off'n my fingers. Ha, I been wonder'n that for years. Input welcomed. I grabs holt to a container of Vasoline...I rubs it all over a couple fingers. With a box cutter type knife, I begin to scrape super glue off my fingers. It works, although not the best removal method. No cuts neither. I have clean fingers this morn'n.
Suggestion to anybody glue'n stuff with super glue....invest in some super glue deactivater/remover stuff. I didn't. But will in the near future. 

Speak'n of morn'n, I thought I was [this] close to slap dead this morn'n. I sleeped in the bed again last night. Just the short walk to the pee place, I hurted something terrible in the lower back. Appointment with "this" doc in a couple three days. I was dizzy. Cain't see straight. I cain't hardly breath. Somebody call 911. Now, three hours later, I'm feel'n much better.....somebody give me a light.

Speak'n of "give me a light....Ha, I'm do'n pretty damn good with the smokes. Yesterday I only had me one cough'n fit, an' it weren't bad at all. That crap come right up. Eleven smokes in a 18 hour day. An' work'n on a boat, some of them, burned down all by themselfs with out any help from the old Billy Bob. I'm sooo freak'n proud.

Don't say I didn't warn ya, here's what I been do'n for the last two days....bout 14 hours total construction time.
*I recommend you click a pic to see a much better view*




Boat deck stapled to a board before installation of frams an' bottom planking. Keep that sucker flat an' square so's it don't warp. 
 Much sand'n required before bottom planking. Dang, took me hours. 100 grit an' a 1x4 stick.
That's look'n pretty good Billy Bob, ya got the bottom planking glued down. "Let me see yer super glue fingers".
 Bottom is put on an' boat removed from building frame thingy.....chunk of plywood. Look'n like a boat.
 Side planking glued in place an' trimmed. Hot damn, we build'n a boat.
At this point, a batch of epoxy resin was mixed up an' the interior was resin coated. Water proofing an' extra strength. Topside curved frames installed. I quit for the day.....damn, it's dark outside.

At this point, I am at a stand still on the hull. Ya see, some "finished" parts need to be installed before the top PVC planking is installed. Painted floorboards an' "mirror finish" varnished interior side boards in the two cockpits. Interior to be painted.....dark red, like the red on the tug boat, or gray primer. Hard decision....think'n the red.

Here the red I'm talk'n bout. God I love this boat.

Ok, that's all the boat build'n stuff I'm gonna tell ya bout today.....BUT.....stand by, there's more to come.

Frick, it's been rain'n all morn'n an' it's still cold outside....68 degs.


15 comments:

  1. Man that boat building really coming along Billy Bob, looking good, love the pics too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's right on schedule George. Not much involved in building the hull. Ha, just wait till I start put'n the mahogany planking on an' sand'n that shit. Holy cows!!!

      Delete
  2. I have always known better than to even look at a tube of super glue. I have enough trouble with looking at knives and scissors. You've really accomplished a lot, and it's no wonder your back hurts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha Gypsy. I was gonna post in the blog that if'n you wimmins needed something glued with super glue, to ask a man.

      Wished I could blame back pains on sit'n on my ass build'n a model boat, but that ain't the case. A full size boat, yes. A model boat....ain't no way.

      Delete
  3. Wow you be a master boat builder BB !! Good job so far and on reducing them smokes too! Think i would be foolish not to follow your lead on both the boat buildin and smokes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha JB....master boat builder. You didn't hear me hav'n a cuss'n fit when I glued a piece in the wrong place an' when one the sides didn't fit. Yup, I done make a couple mistakes....but ain't nobody ever gonna know it.

      Delete
  4. Man, you are going to finish that boat way too fast! How is this supposed to keep you entertained for a long time if you work so fast? But, if it helps you leave the cigarettes to smoke themselves, I'm all for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope Linda, I ain't gonna finish this boat "way too fast". Take a lookie see what I tole George.

      Delete
  5. That is one big boat, Billy Bob! Should keep you busy a while just because of the size, but you're really cookin, huh? Good on ya for the smokes!! Keep those fingers busy on the boat, and let 'em burn out by themselves. Secondhand smoke??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ya Baby Sis. The boat is actually a bit smaller than I wanted. Only 28 inches long an' 9 inches wide.
      Yesterday I didn't work on the boat at all. Today I spend bout 6 or 8 hours an' ya cain't see nuttin I did. But I di do some stuff...tedious stuff.

      Delete
  6. I was told the radio freq thing wouldnt work on me. Either surgery or the stimulator. Will find out Wed.
    Good for you, on the smoking. Look up the effects on you from the first minute, will encourage you. I quit coughing almost immediately. AND, got my voice back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In one my joints where they killed a nerve, it still hurt like hell....WTH??? I sure do hope they find a repair for your back pretty soon. I know what you're go'n through.

      Yeah I read them effects thingys. Very encouraging. MY cough'n has really cut back since I'm down to 10 or 11 a day. May set a goal for 8 this month.

      Delete
    2. had my date wrong, its Thurs. Sounds like that radio thingy didnt work on you either. GOOD LUCK and yeah, i think we both have the same problem. Arthur closing up the spine openings the nerves go thru.

      Delete
  7. hi BB. hey you might need a fan to vent outside all the second hand smoke and the fumes from all that glue . after that boat is done i would like to see you build the same boat on a full size scale . in real life scale how long would that boat be ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ain't skeered og no second hand smoke an' I love the smell of glue.
    Me an' Robert been talk'n bout how hard an' how long it would take to build a full size. Not only would it eat up most my pocket change, it would take me bout 5 years to build. I'll just stick to the models.
    It would be 19 feet long.

    ReplyDelete