?

?

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Short trip to the doctors office....1000 mile

Wow boy howdy, so many scary comments bout a MRI.

Way back in '80 when I hurt my back, not the first an' not the last, I went to the VA hospital. That was my mistake, I had other choices. Anyhows, I went through a CT jobberdoo scan. Degeneration of the sciatic nerve an' two slip discs.....what regenerated an' healed at some point an' time. Don't recall if'n I was skeered in that CT thing or not they had me so doped up on drugs. I was in that damn VA hospital for 3 weeks an' all they do for me was give me more drugs, a cheap walker an' a couple crutches....send me home. I'm think'n MRI weren't invented yet, but what do I know.

Again this morn'n I feel pretty good....consider'n. Had a nice sleep last night, bout 6 good hours. One leg cramp what make me come out of bed like a jack rabbit.

But that don't got a thing to do with travel, does it? I breaked out the trusty Walmart Rand Mc Nalley map yesterday an' do me some think'n/dream'n route search'n for the upcom'n trip to Deming, NM. I'm think'n a near pain free trip here, so I got me some activities plan along the way. No I ain't gonna be do'n no hike'n or any that walk'n crap. I got a "that jeep", a bicycle ("billy bike") for that an' plan to park close to the dumpsters. I don't do walk'n.
Well anyhows, up there close to Houston Texas is a nice little State Park....with a golf course right outside the gate. Steven F. Austin State Park. I been there many times before an' I play the golf course many times before. It's a nice park to ride a "billy bike"  too. Nice an' flat. Lots of trees squirrels an' raccoons for Sadie Maes enjoyment.

Down the road a piece, bout a cupla hunnert mile, is Comfort, Kerrville an' Fredericksburg Texas. More golf ball swak'n places than ya can shake a stik at.

Just a cupla more miles north of there is Inks Lake State Park. I stay there one time before an' said I would come back. Big ol' fish out there in the lake I betcha. Although, I didn't catch one the last trip. Not far from Inks Lake State Park is Llano Texas. That where our "Trouble 'n Texas" lives. Maybe we meet up again.....ya never know. She gonna have to speak up though. The old Billy Bob don't hear so well ya know.

Back south is Del Rio Texas. You already know I like Del Rio. Catched me some fine bass fish out of Lake Amistad. Even when the lake was low. That where MsB live ya know. We always have a nice visit ever time I'm there. Maybe she buy me up a great big Mexican dinner.....although I owe her one. Ok....I'll pay.

From there, "wagons ho", "move 'em out"...we headed for Deming. Visit with old "pesky neighbor" Wayne, play some golf an' sit on "da porch" sip'n up a cup. I'm think'n a month in Deming will take care of me for another year. 

Like I say before, I don't plan travels no more. I go on how I feel. Nuttin set in stone.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good way to go to the doctors, if ya really got to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, just bring it on!!,,That ol Inks Lake still has those same fish you missed last time, and I would love to visit.. Can do more and more every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey B.B., I caught that fish you missed in Ink's Lake. Don't worry, I put him back for you to catch next time you visit there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You weren't there long enough to be catch'n a fish.....sheesh!!!

      Do ya rekon that fish would be growed up into a adult by now....????

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a plan. Nothing more strenuous than golf ball swak'n and fish'n.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Golf ball swak'n is purty darned strenuous. Kind of like chop'n a cord of wood in bout 3 or 4 hours.

      Delete
    2. I kinda thought it IS pretty strenuous! Hope you don't overdo and then feel worse. A few aches and pains lets you know you accomplished something.

      Delete
  5. Nice golf courses around Inks and Llano too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like the exercise is doing you good. you keep it up. hope you have a wonderful trip and have fun playing golf and catching fish. made it to Memphis, late and do some catch up on your blog. ok, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now thats sounds like a nice way to go visit your Doc. enjoy the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Back south is Del Rio Texas. You already know I like Del Rio. Catched me some fine bass fish out of Lake Amistad. Even when the lake was low. That where MsB live ya know. We always have a nice visit ever time I'm there. Maybe she buy me up a great big Mexican dinner.....although I owe her one. Ok....I'll pay."

    I will hold you to it :-)

    ReplyDelete