?

?

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Catch'n bass fish

Well, I been up for two hours and still don't know where I gonna go with the blog this morn'n. I were hop'n yesterdays excursion to the lake would have inspired me to write something funny, but when everything goes to plan, nuttin funny happens.

I was at the lake at 9am with adventure on my mind. You know....fall'n down or something like that. I sits there in "that jeep" for a few minutes sip'n up a cup while watch'n for some fishes to be jump'n out the water. Weren't no more than a little puff of a breeze ever once in a while. Temp sit'n right on 60 degs. Man boy howdy, this is perfect.....'cept'n for the cold temp.

By the time I unloaded an' blow up the "bubba boat", attached the motor mount bracket and motor, throwed in all my fish'n gear an' stuff like that, it were get'n on to 10am. I slips into my waders an' drag "bubba" into the lake....gonna catch me up a 14 pounds bass, that what I gonna do. I had a plan of attack to go out beyond them little tree limb thingys stick'n out the water an' do some troll'n first thing. By now, there was a little breeze blow'n. Did some "drift" fish'n, with the help of the little breeze, when all a sudden I catches up my first fish. Yee Ha.....I are a fisherman. Weren't no big one, maybe pound an' a half, so's I toss him back. I the mean time, that little breeze keep blow'n me up in the bushes where there ain't nuttin but snags and tree fish. Caught a bunch them that for sure.

While mak'n a turn for another run outside them bushes an' tree limbs, I snags what seem like a purty good fish. This is when I found out that a fish will pull a blow up boat all over the lake. Yup, you guessed it, right up into the bushes where my fish'n line get all tangle up.....again. The fish, yup he were a good'un, make one jump and he were gone.....pooof, just like that.

The highlight of the day was when a "BIG" bass fish get in my line. I been catched up some bass in my day, but this one was the biggest I ever see on one my fish poles. Ya see, I were toss'n a lizard up close to them bushes an' I feels this "tic tic" on my fish line. Could this be a fish? Well oh hell yeah it were. My fish pole bend like it were gonna break slap in two....tip down in the water....I were excitis as all git out. Up in the bushes that fish go...tangle up my line round one them tree limbs. He make one final jump, not more than 4 feets from "bubba boat", splash water all over Billy Bob an' he were gone.....yup, poooof, just like that. I got me a good eye view of that fish....mouth bout the size a dinner plate. Well maybe not that big, but not less than 6 inch. I'm just guess'n here ya know, but I would says he was at least 8 pounds or more.
Was a wonderful day of fish'n. Sorry no pics. The boated fish were too small to be photographed an' the bigger fish, they was photo shy....hiding in da bushes ya know.
Ended up with 4 fish in the boat an' 4 in the bushes.


Another trip to the lake is planned for later on this morn'n. With the experience I learned yesterday, I'll have a better perspective of what to expect today. Lesson learned....set the hook on the first "tic tic" an' reel like hell. Weather thingy calls for a bit more wind today as the day progresses.

9 comments:

  1. Now that is what I call having fun. Try some night fishing while you are there. That is when the BIG ones come out to play. (grin)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dizzy, I don't fish at night. Have enough of a time see'n where I'm cast'n in bright sun light.

      Delete
    2. You don't use your eyes as much at night as you do your ears and the "Feel" of the rod and line.

      Delete
  2. Dad , you gotta set the hook to keep the big one on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you're my son and all, but don't ya think a bend over backards pole with the tip in the water is some indication that the hook is set?
      Dang boy don't no nuttin bout fish'n.

      Delete
  3. Isn't it nice to get so much free advice on fishing? I just wish I was out there with ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup Jim, every fisherman is gonna tell ya how to fish. That's human nature to share trade secrets amongst you feller fisherman.

      Delete
  4. I'm curious about why you wear waders in the kayak. If you happen to fall in, won't the waders fill up with water? Seems scary to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Zoe....the only reason I put the waders on is so's I don't get wet when I launch the boat. Be'n an older feller, it's hard to get into or out of a sit down position in shallow water....you know, kinda like
      grandma try'n to get up off the floor after she fall down. I have to wade out to bout 2 feets of water before I can get in or out.
      By the way, it's not a kayak, but a 10 foots blow up canoe....with a hunnert hp troll'n motor on it.

      Delete