?

?

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Is it winter yet?

Boy howdy, I ain't even started my Texas "summer" trip and I already think'n bout "winter". That what happen when ya spend too much time sit'n on "da porch" sip'n a cup an' think'n. But......with winter right around the corner, what could be a more pleasant thought than winter to get your mind off the heat of summer?

Look like I gonna spend another winter at "the slabs" out in southern Ca. again this year. Met a lot of nice folks out there and it's always good to see familiar faces. Camp fires. Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. Jump in the canal on New Years day.....naked if'n ya want. A few rounds of Texas Hold'em. Golf ball swak'n. Oh, by the way, there is fishes in the canals. And there's always the "pond" in Yuma on the way back home.

Well, I didn't get "da porch" cleaned off yesterday.....but you already knew that. Ya see, it were like this. I was headed to the door and fell down....on the couch....went out like a light. Yeah, you're right...nap time.

Fount that damn cat of Waynes. Brung her in "da house" two night in a row. Now what the hell am I gonna do with her? Her and Sadie Mae get along fine...if ya consider dagger stares at each other get'n along. Have ya ever been head bang by a cat? Well Kitty wake me up bang'n her head against mine while I were dream'n sweet dreams. Then she wouldn't go outside. Just sit there look'n at me.


I were think'n what would make my life easier. All I come up with was a maid, dish washer, laundress, trash hauler and cook all roll up in one little neat package. Now that what I'm talk'n bout. Yeah it get's lonely out here on the road with nuttin but a useless dog to talk to what just look at ya as to say.....HUH???

I been gear'n up for my Texas trip in mind and body.....mostly mind. Gotta go out there and rearrange "that jeep" to carry all the junk I gonna be need'n. Of course, half it ain't never gonna be used....as usual.

Now that reminds me of my first trip in "Alice", my first motorhome. Not know'n nuttin bout motorhomes and what ya gonna need, I bought everything. Dishes, pots and pans, 500 pound of can goods, enough clothes to last a life time, 50 pound of dog food for one scrawny rat terrier dog....you know what I'm talk'n bout. Oh by the way, that trip was only 400 mile for a 7 day week end. Ya know that once ya retire, all week ends are 7 days long.

Ok, I got things to do.....maybe.


3 comments:

  1. 94 ona the Port Aransas jetty at noon today. Whew that is hot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am gonna head out for Pennsylvania tomorrow morning. Going to take it real slow and easy, maybe get there in 4 or 5 days. No big hurry. Big problem tying to stuff my whole house in my little bitty motor-home (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you guys need to go find that Lucille Ball movie "The longest trailer" and this time take notes.

    ReplyDelete