?

?

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Happy hippity hoppity day

Happy Easter to all the colored egg lovers.

Remember back when it was kosher to hide that one special egg that wasn't boiled?  Then told all the egg hunt'n kids they had to crack their eggs on top their heads before they could eat them? What? You never did that? Boy howdy, what's this world com'n to.

Yesterday turn out a little better than I thought it would. Round bout 4pm I got me the urge to get up and do some dishes and clean up "da house" a little. It needed it that for sure. Tossed all the tools lay'n on the floor slap out the door....right out there in the yard. They easier to sort out when they lay'n in a big ol' pile like that....ya know. Now how long they gonna lay out there before they are stowed in their rightful places? Day, two days....a week? Don't really matter I rekon since that damn goat don't eat tools.....or does he? Well, he did eat my air conditioning filter. Ate the whole damn thing. Stupit goat!

Let's talk bout blogs for a bit. Does you blog receive the traffic you expect? How do ya really know? My blog receives right at 180 hits a day. That sounds reasonable don't it? Well, most of those hits are "robots", little programs from ISPs, search engines and such. So a hit counter is of little use if you are try'n to count visitors that actually read your blog. The only true indication of readership and blog quality is through the comments you receive.  No comments mean you are not touching the heart and souls of those that read. Now some people never leave a comment....what gives me the indication that my writing abilities need improvement, or my choice of content needs reconsideration. Or....the old Billy Bob just plain ol' pissed somebody off. That happens ya know.

I find the most interesting blogs are the ones that give an account of every day life. I don't especially care for the "cut and paste" blogs, although I still read them.....somewhat. I usually don't do the video links unless they are something special. I love to read blogs with photos....."Ahhh Billy Bob, where's all your photos"?

Some of the things I really want to do and places I really want to go seem to be way off in the distant future. Well, I ain't got that much distant future left....according to my frick'n Dr. Fronkinstein. Have ya ever had a doctor you just don't like? But he's one of the best in his field? All my life I have shied away from all doctors, unless I thought I was gonna die or something like that. When I had my last heart attack (2008), I sat on the couch for over 6 hours before I called "pesky neighbor" Wayne to take me to the hospital. Then when I got there, the silly nurse says...."why the hell you wait so long"? So now, I got to be "very very careful"....think it was Elmer Fudd said that. My travels need to be planned around hospitals with in close proximity of my camp sites. You know, less than a hunnert mile.

On the agenda for the rest of the day.....Hmmmmmm, let me think bout that. I need to make a trip to Walmart to get my drugs refilled. I'm slap out of bread. Milk is sour. Ain't got no lunch meat.  Peanut butter and strawberry jam is get'n low. Why don't Walmart carry Smukers strawberry preserves? All they got is jam an' I don't want freak'n jam. 
Oh....that reminds me.....do you eat "pink slime"? I been notice when I cook up some hamburger, nasty look'n stuff come out of it. Is that pink slime? How do ya know what's in your hamburger?  Do ya think the meat department is gonna tell ya the truth when ya ask if they have that nasty stuff in the meats? I don't care what they say bout it being safe to eat, I don't want "pink slime" in my diet. Shoot, bugs an' possums are safe to eat too....but I don't want them neither.

Ok.....that's it.....things to do.

23 comments:

  1. Oh I saw the thing on pink slime the other day - gross!! I try to comment on most blogs I read, then I lose my internet connection, there goes the post! So I usually give up & move on...I have a really crappy connection where I am now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pink slime has been in the news for a couple months now. Some grocery stores have quit using it and most of the fast foods also. But our school kids have no choice but to eat the nasty stuff....our government says it's safe...right!

      Delete
  2. I been thinkin' I'd reply to a couple of your sensible blog entries for some time but as usual when I get to the bottom of what you say I'm all humored up so I go to the next blog and get the blues, so this time I'm gonna just see if I can say howdy and say I appreciate all your common sense in the form of nonsense. Chuck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy Chuck. Kind of tickled me there bout me post'n something sensible. I try very hard not to do that very often. I like nonsense, but if'n ya read between the lines.....well ya know what I'm talk'n bout.

      Delete
  3. I get my hamburger from a real live butcher. The meat has never been frozen, is local grass fed and is ground in front of me (less that 5 feet) to my specifications. I have extra fat added. Nothing pisses SWMBO off more than to have to add oil to fry hamburgers. It cost more so I eat less which is good for me too.

    Ms oldfool eats wieners every now and then and I eat maybe 3 a year (I have to be really hungry). I don't eat lunch meat except for spam, potted meat (which may be canned pink slime), corned beef and then only rarely. Even with that there is no telling how much pink slime I have consumed. Those giant corporations would package the contents of a septic tank and market it if they could get away with it.

    I don't eat chicken that does not come off a recognizable chicken carcass. That comes from driving a truck and seeing what those nuggets turn into when thawed and abused. What is served in school is no longer my concern as I am beyond child rearing age. Smart kids carry their lunch.

    Must have been something good in that filter 'cause goats ain't stupid. I had a dog once that tried to eat a rocking chair and when banned from the house tried to eat a wheelbarrow.

    I'm surprised you don't use a camera. You can get all the camera you need for less than 100 bucks. I had one for a couple of years that cost less than 70 bucks and it did everything. It used a regular SD card and AA batteries. The one I have now I bought used for $20.

    I read your blog regularly but I try to keep my mouth shut when I don't have anything to say.

    About the future: I figure I'm living in mine now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....thanks for the great comment Oldfool. Not often I get a blog post in the comments section. Enjoyed it.
      Yesterday I ordered a brand spank'n new Canon A1300 point and shoot an' if'n ya want to, you can look through the viewfinder. My other point and shoot bit the dust tak'n pics of all them big bass I were catch'n at Falcon Lake.

      Delete
  4. Some of the best BBQ is goat,,so what u waiting for?

    Hard to keep blogging when you don't think anyone is reading and just maybe, enjoying em. That's why comments are so important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never met a cardiologist I liked. I never met many doctors I like, but I will say the eye surgeon who removed my cataracts, and the eye surgeon who did my cornea transplants, are the best two doctors in the world, in my opinion. Wish one of them took care of hearts and arteries as well, but you know that damn specialization ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Let's talk bout blogs for a bit. Does you blog receive the traffic you expect?"

    That's complex but I've had followers that have followed my blogs for years that have never commented, but I know they are interested because they return as many as ten times a day. A few of them I know in person and they seldom comment.

    My highest hit day was over 800 but that was a day I bitching about muslims, I let it all hang out there and if they don't like it that's tough shit.

    Pink slime is actually some of the best meat you will get in your hamburger, it's damn sure better meat than some of the places I've stuck my tongue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and I don't do doctors, I'll just take it the way it comes at me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been enjoying your blog for a couple of years now-just don't comment much.
    Warmest regards from the Piney Woods

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank ya John. Be headed up your way here in bout a month or so....unless things change.

      Delete
  9. I read every one of your blogs and think they are great. You have an unique way of saying things. Keep it up. I don't care for doctors either but sometimes they are a necessary evil.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you believe the blog counter Blogger provides I may get 50 or 60 hits depending on the subject line. Sometimes I may get 100 hits but no comments.

    I have people that have signed on as followers but I have yet to receive a comment from them. I try to leave comments unless I am a couple of days late or the subject matter is way over my head.

    I love your blog, you always make me laugh. It is no wonder I have been reading you for 3 plus years and you once told me I was your first follower. I do know I was the second commentor.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Remember back when it was kosher to hide that one special egg that wasn't boiled? Then told all the egg hunt'n kids they had to crack their eggs on top their heads before they could eat them?"

    No, thank heavens we NEVER did that but I am not surprised you would have :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Guilty as charged! I am not much for commenting. BUT, I have read your blog for over 2 years now, every day. Love your writing style and your humor kind of like the male Erma Bombeck, and she was one of my favorite female humorists.
    I have a Canon Powershot A560, one was given to be with the caveat it might not work for long but it lasted long enough for me to really like it. So I went on Ebay and found the same thing used for one vacation for a really reasonable price, the main thing I like about it is the viewfinder, would not have a camera without one, get in a bright spot and try to focus without one and you learn to appreciate that function even more!
    So Billy Bob keep on keepin' on, even if some of us don't comment much we love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read your blog each day, get a big kick out of it, hoping your easter and yesterday I mean friday passover was great..Take it easy and see a doctor when you get winded and chest starts to hurt, palpitations, sweats, you maybe having another heart attack, that is not a good thing at all..we have had sunshine and windy for two days, it is still windy and dry, early morning easter, can't sleep our wild cat of a kitty is up and running around..love your blog it is done with great care, it makes me sad about how you were treated as a youngster, I had a similar upbringing, my hubby was adored, oldest of a big bunch of kids, no dad whatsoever, missing in action yet when he was dying we were kind and sweet to him, but still he preferred to be on his own away from an adoring wife and many many children, why he did that is still a mystery, but his son, my hubby of nearly 40 years is not like he was and we have a great time, we have a grown daughter who is nearing 35 at the end of the year, she is adored, she prefers the single life with a sweet kitty cat and travels and enjoys herself..take really good care of yourself, peace & love sent to you from our home to yours..remember out in blogland many people care, even if they fail to e-mail you at all, we do, mjs & es from the pacific northwest in washington state!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm here most every day. I don't 'follow' blogs or keep track of who follows mine. I have a couple of 'real life' friends who use my blog to keep up with me. That's the main reason I write. If others want to read along, great. I've met some really nice folks that way.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Billybob!

    Many a day I've read your blog and laughed myself silly. I'm sure there are many people like me who read, yuk it up, and then move on without leaving a comment. Not even a thank you! Well, I'm fixing that right now.

    Thanks, Billybob, for writing a blog that touches the heart and the funny bone!

    ReplyDelete
  16. butterbean carpenterApril 9, 2012 at 11:27 AM

    Howdy BB,
    I've become a blog-fan of many persuasions and yours is one I like, but keep forgetting about, unless you comment on OFM's.. He keeps folks aware of what you're up to, most of the time, especially when you outfish him!! I promise to TRY to comment more, so you know that I'm out here in blog-land!! When are you going back to see Wayne?? Take off of 'work' long enuff to play a little pasture pool; WATCH THE GOAT HE'LL EAT THE BALL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. butterbean carpenterApril 9, 2012 at 11:34 AM

    ADDENDUM.....

    I forgot to comment on the 'pink slime' stuff; I
    noticed in the 'news' where the only two companies
    that manufactured 'pink slime' filed for Chapter
    7 and went out of business; 600 illegals lost their jobs and are now on welfare!! Didn't go back home just transferred to government employees!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Over here i found really useful tips for traveling. There’s a lots good data in this blog, though i would like tell you something. It is informative post.

    ReplyDelete