?

?

Friday, January 18, 2013

Why do ya blog???

Maybe ya ain't noticed, but I've been limiting my internet time to early morn'ns. Well, I call it early anyhows. First thing I do, after the coffee pot make it's first perk, is attempt to get this computer out of hibernation. The hard drive should be named Billy Bob Jr.....slow an' "do'n nuttin". After a good 10 or 15 minutes, walla, I'm online for another excit'n day of "web surf'n"....or what ever ya wanna call it.

I been wonder'n....no not Dizzy Dick wonder'n, but why do we write blogs? Had me a big ol' discussion, questions an' answers, with myself bout that last night....between chapters in a rough an' tumble shoot 'em up western cowboy book. If'n ya pay close attention, roughly 50% of blogs are wrote by single people. Single people are the ones what ain't got nobody tell'n 'em what to do, when to do it and how to do it. I 'member one time when I weren't single, I took my wife fish'n with me. Boy howdy don't ever do that again. She says..."how do ya put the bait on the hook"? I shows her. The next time we go fish'n together, baiting the hook was done by her specifications. Sheesh!!!
Got off track there a little bit......but anyhows, what are people look'n for when they blog?. A means of communication? That works for me being single an' all, an' ain't got nobody to talk to other than a damn old dawg what don't speak no English.
A personal record of events in your life? Possibly, but not likely in most cases. Reason I say unlikely is if'n that was the case, you wouldn't be shar'n it in a blog.
A way to vent your frustrations to the world? I seen plenty of these in my internet travels. Ain't sure this is a ligament excuse for blog'n. Some of 'em are downright disgust'n.
I'm think'n it more along the lines of shar'n your life experiences with others. Open book ya might say. Is in my case anyhows. I don't mind people see'n me as I am. Sides that, I like to write.    

Well, I probly mess that up big time, but what the hell. Everbody got their reasons for writ'n a blog and for what ever reason they have, I enjoy the hell out'a read'n them.

What brings back up, what I do in the mornings. A good hour or more is spent on read'n blogs. See I tole ya I read blogs. Then I spend bout another hour on Facebook read'n all the silly stuff people post on there. Hard to believe what people think an' say. And some these are my friends and family.....damn!!! Also on Facebook, I read biased opinions on the daily news. So I done shot a hour or so on crap I would never bring up in a person to person contact. By this time, I got my crooked eye open an' look'n straight ahead....I hit the network news an' stock market reports. There goes another hour of biased opinion on the news of the day. Talk'n bout the comments what people write. That's a daily must read. Make me grin a little bit. By this time, the morn'n is half gone. And I still got a blog post to write.

Before I forget, last night before I wrap up everthing an' go to bed (11:30pm), it were 52 degs outside. I'm think'n it ain't gonna be a cold night. Well it were, if'n 40 degs is cold. Got all the ways up to 77 degs yesterday afternoon. Sunshine all day long. An absolutely beautiful day. And that what the weather forecast call for for the next week or so. Now if'n them damn fish would just go on their spawn....catch me up that 14 pounds bass ya know.

Falcon Lake, the #1 bass fish'n lake in Texas. Not only in numbers, but in size. Now there probly gonna be some controversy when I says Falcon Lake, but I'm gonna tell ya right now, in my book, it is #1. Of course, I got proof of that from last year. I done fished plenty lakes in Texas an' maybe catch me up a few small keeper bass, but at Falcon lake, I catched me up close to a hunnert bass last year.....right out of the "bubba boat". An' some of 'em was well over keepers. When I says keepers, I ain't talk'n bout tak'n them home an' eat'n 'em. Bass tastes like water, an' I don't like water. Catch, take a pic and release. I guess ya remember last year when I doused my camera with water? Missed a real life photo of the biggest bass I ever catched in my life. You believe that right??? Hee hee!!! 

11 comments:

  1. See, I blog because I'm not single or alone, I like to write and so it's my "me time." With ten kids at home and living up on a mountaintop there isn't a lot of time or money for me to go pursue other interests and so blogging is easy to do and free...perfect for a stay at home mom. I like that we have a "family journal" of our life and think that as the years go by we, and maybe even one day grandkids, will fondly read my blog. And it's a great way to connect with other people....I've made some really good friends through my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started blogging when I got my 1st RV and wanted to keep a record of my travels. I got to know so many great people along the way through the blogs, and have been lucky enough to meet a few of them. You have to enjoy writing when you blog, and it's a good exercise for the mind - unlike Facebook & Twitter where much of what is written is just a sentence or two of drivel and doesn't take a whole lot of thought. You have to think to blog, or at least you should.

    Through blogging I've met folks all across the country (and a few from other countries) and learned a lot about geography & history, and it's led me to visit places in the U.S. I would otherwise have missed. (Sorry for letting this "comment" get too long. I could go on and on, but I'll stop now.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess that the main reason that I blog is that what started out as a way to advertise different programs has turned into a habit! Don't know what I would do without my daily coffee with cyber friends!

    Reading blogs is time consuming, but well worth it, in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old Ben is the one who insisted that I start a blog back on July 16, 2010. I met him after my trip to Terlingua where I met you and John and David.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just started our Blog when we went fulltime in 2006 as a bit of journal, now am hooked and couldn't stop if I wanted to.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The world wide web has made us neighbors ,all over the world theres a lot of friendly people.I personally do not write much,one thing is I do not have the gift fo words and an other is My spelling.I'm good at cut and paste.I pass on things that I want to remember and I feel of interest to someone.You could call me a hermit also,or an arm chair traveler,I've seen the world through the eyes of awhole lot of people.My favorite book back many years ago before they started putting advertisement in it was Readers Digest. Old Ben said it once most of my friends are on the internet (Thank God for spell check)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Started blogging back in 2005 to let my family & friends know I was alive and okay when I spent 3 months with my then fiance (now husband) in his native Scotland. Met my Muse in that bonnie land and have been blogging and writing ever since! Started my current RV blog when we hit the road in 2010 as full-timers as a trip/experiences journal and keeping in touch with folks. Made some new friends in Blogland through that one, too. Currently have that one and a writer's blog I post on regularly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the bar cams from key west, new york, to california! You can listen to the music live without the cover charge and drink without worrying about the drive home or a night in jail! Old Ben had a few web cam links on his board!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't blog but enjoy reading R.V. blogs so when i git there, maybe i won't make so many mistakes and not do too much damage to the r.v.,LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I started my blog just one year ago... thought it would be a good way to let our family know what we're doing. Since then found that the kids only read it now and then... but I've gotten so interested in reading other blogs from all kinds of folks that I feel like they are friends. I often have my husband read the technical stuff (which I don't care beans about) about computers/wifi/etc while I tend more towards the blogs about boondocking, wildlife and volunteering.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I started my blog just to keep in touch with family and friends, found out most of my family don't even read the blog! But, I can keep up with where I have been, and if I liked the area etc. Plus, met some great blogger friends,like YOU.

    ReplyDelete