?

?

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Full of ideas

While I was sit'n out there on "da porch" sip'n a cup and think'n, I got all kinds of ideas what was run'n through my nimble mind.

I was think'n last night bout all the work I gonna do today. But that was last night. This morning, I am re-think'n them silly ideas. What brings me to the conclusion.....don't think. I started clean'n weeds out the yard a week ago. After a week I gots a cleared area bout 10 foots wide and 20 foots long.

At that rate I would be fired the first hour in the real working world. Seems I take more long breaks than someone making $25 an hour for the same job. But, I look at it this way, them weeds is still gonna be there tomorrow. Isn't it just wonderful to be retired and work on your own terms?

Yesterday was weed burn day. I had this big ole pile of tumble weeds, some dry grass, just plain ole weeds and a few burnables from out "da house". I looks at that big ole pile, grabs me a gasoline can, doused that pile and set that sucker ablaze. Holy Crap.....where the water hose?? There was flames shoot'n 20 feets in the air.....fire was approaching "da porch" burn'n everything in it's path. An hour later fire is under control and simmer'n, I looks at that great big cactus what went out of control in the cactus garden. That sucker done reach 10 feets high and "stick'n" people what passes by. Well, in bout an hour, that big ole cactus is now a small one with threats to completely "murder" it. A few thorns in my fingers and all that stuff I chop down is now lay'n out in the desert.

Speak'n of weeds and stuff what grows, old Billy Bob gonna kill the yard. Sterilize it, cut it's nuts off, so nuttin will grow for years. Gonna go buy me a hunert pounds rock salt and spread it all over the place. Ain't gonna be come'n back from no more trips and have a yard full of 4 foots weeds grow'n everywhere what I gotta spend a month get'n rid of. Nuttin but sand and gravel. 

Did I mention that it's been hot here in Deming. Not the 100 plus summer time temps, but like walk'n into a little gas powered convection oven. What little breeze we have is a hot breeze. Now where that come from???

Didn't I just do dishes last week? Well shoot, got me another sink full....what I got soak'n. Gonna have to eat me more balony samiches (sandwich) and donuts (less dishes to wash). Speak'n of donuts, did ya notice that the donuts from Walmart are smaller now days? And the chocolate icing don't taste the same. Don't be mess'n with me Walmart.

Ok....gotta do something...been sit'n way to long.

7 comments:

  1. isn't there a nice little donut
    shop in town? When I was there last year had some really good donuts from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you didn't burn Da House down. Hey BB, you said "What little breeze we have is a hot breeze. Now where that come from???" Well, have you been a sitten on the porch flapping your jaws to Wayne?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anony.....yes there is a NEW donut shop. Most everything I eat comes from Walmart, but they start'n to piss me off.

    Flap'n jaws? Watch it Dizzy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Change the date on your blog so it will show up as Today's post not two days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ben, maybe you are commenting to my post 2 days ago. Todays post is dated right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for letting me get out of town before trying to set the whole county, except the golf course of course, on fire.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you kidding or does rock salt really work in keeping weeds down?

    ReplyDelete