?

?

Sunday, September 19, 2010

HeyHey Hey....

HeyHey Hey....anyone remember who said that??? 

But that ain't what I'm talk'n bout. Last night I told old pesky neighbor Wayne "I hope I sleep good tonight"....what I did. Didn't get up till 7:30 this morning. Sun was already wait'n for me on "da porch", a nice 65 degs......sun shin'n and a nice cool 15 mile a hour breeze. Gonna be a great day for dig'n weeds.

Back to the shoes what don't fit. See, when ya read blogs, ya learn stuff. I members one time a few years ago I went to one them foot shoe fit'n places for some high dollar shoes. Think they was bout $29 or something like that. They stuff my feet in a grand look'n pair and I was off to dance the world away. Then bout 20 year later, I went off to another one them places, but my feet was a different size. What the hell, feets don't grow. The last 4 year or so, I have been unable to wear shoes at all....remember my sandals...my adjustable Sunday go to meet'n shoes, golf'n shoes, work'n shoes, mountain climb'n shoes, just everyday "do nuttin" shoes? That's it, one pair fits all.

Boy howdy Billy Bob, ya gotta do something bout that bed. I feel like I done been whooped with a 2 X 4 or something. If'n ya ever been have back problems...ya know, squished discs and stuff like that, ya know what I'm talk'n bout. And then you have the old age thing where ya get shorter....kind of like when your feet get bigger. Some people get shorter cause that eat too much...or drink a case of beer every day, what make  a big 'ol heavy belly to tote around for the rest of your life. That extra weight gonna wear them discs slap out and ya get shorter. Git where I com'n from??? Take care of your back.

Did I mention my trip to Walmart yesterday? Well if not, here goes. Ya know my main purpose was to find some salt to "murder" anything that grows and sterilize the yard for the rest of it's life. Walmart ain't got sheet...they done got rid of the "good" stuff". Just like a saw what was on my list. I was want'n one them hand saws what cut com'n and go'n (cuts both ways) to replace the one I wore slap out. Before they changed everything around, they had exactly what I wanted, a 24 inch "cut anything" hand saw....what cut com'n and go'n. All they had was a little "girlie" 16 inch one. Now how the hell am I gonna cut down a big tree?

Anyhows, Walmart had some rock salt like what ya use to make ice cream. Did I ever tell ya bout the time....I were bout 12 13 year old and we was gonna make some "homemade" ice cream. In an old ice chest was this hunk of ice...a 50 pound block what just barely fit in the chest. I reaches my hands under that block of ice and commenced to remove it. Well, that block of ice done twisted around in that ice chest and grab holt on my hands....it weren't com'n out. My hands was under that cold ice and it weren't let'n go....I was stuck. I weren't gonna wait for the ice to melt 'cause my hands was turn'n blue....so's I started yell'n...."get me out of here". Help arrived and crank'n began on some of the bestest ice cream ya ever ate.

Back to Walmart and rock salt.....I bought me up 6 four pound boxes that stuff at $1.40 a box....just to see how much ground  it would cover, what I'm gonna kill. Off at the hardware store, the only salt they had was for them water softener thingys. What the hell, that ain't rock salt....that chunk salt. What I didn't buy. But I should'a.

OK.....now what ya wanna talk bout?

9 comments:

  1. one of yer best posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's what is making me shorter.

    Thanks Billy Bob for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walmart has some of those fancy shoes too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you ask in the title Hey Hey Hey. who said that.. Bill Cosby with his Fat Albert charather?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about a block of that cow licking salt set to melt in a tub of water. I bet Walmart has a good sprayer for spraying.
    I'd send you a bag of snowmelt from here, but it won't hit the shelves til snowblowing season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya know what? Sissy has an idea,, get ya salt lick block and slice off a bunch of slices and just scatter them around. We never had any grass around our salt licks on the farm, Then daddy go smart and built a stand up pole to stick them on. So they won't just set in the mud when it rained.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why don't you just asphalt it? Then you could paint it brown to blend it and you could also paint flowers on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW you have a lot of helpful folks in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Going to be following your progress. Wish I had know about rock salt a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete