?

?

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Test post....Google not updating

Yeah the old Billy Bob is pissed. Google did not update todays blog post.
Billy Bob's Place

Here it is since the test passed inspection.

Billy Bob Chili...

Ok, read all the blogs, read the news, checked out Facebook....I slept good last night.

Before I went to bed last night, I turned off the lights over the couch. It didn't go off. Dad gum switch is broke. One more item to add to my "fix this" list......Grrrrrrrrr.

Speak'n of fix'n stuff....."where the hell is my cook'n pot"? I'm gonna brew me up a big pot of chili.

In the refrigerator I find my pot. It's got some chicken veg. soup in it. I go to the door, stick my head out an' holler...."GOAT", real loud. Here he come lickity split, know'n he gonna get something to eat. He clean that pot pretty darn good.

I rinses that pot out an' put it on a high heat, number 7 on my stove. Add me 2 pounds of crumbled up 80/20 hamburger. Now 80/20 is Ok for chili, but the best is the greasy stuff....70/30. Chili has to have some grease in it. I ain't got none. I brown the 80/20. To this I add half a medium onion. Now speeak'n of onion in chili, it got to be in there too. The yeller kind....all cut up in little bite size pieces. A little salt is added along with a heap'n tablespoon full of course black pepper. These two items are absolutely necessary. That's why God invented 'em. A great big ol' can of diced maters is added to the mixture an' brung back up to a fierce roll'n boil. Now I lower the heat an' let it cook a while. Like bout 15 minutes...with a lid.  Some people call that a simmer.

At this point, I open me up 4 packages of McCormics chili season'n....an' stirs it in. Also with the McCormics season'n, I add two secret ingredients to make it "Billy Bob" chili instead of regular old chili. Two cans of pinto beans are added at this time. Now bout beans in chili. Beans are a filler, nuttin else. They are not needed in a pot of chili. But there is only one kind of beans for chili. Pinto beans. No further discussion.

It's now time to add some jalapeno peppers. "Billy Bob" chili contains jalapeno peppers, not for the bite, but for the flavor. Ok, I add too many an' now it has "bite". I puts the lid back on an' let it simmer for a hour on very low heat. An' then I turn off the heat an' let it rest. Rest period should be a few hours, but I cain't wait. "What the hell????"....I forgot the garlic. Yesterdays chili is mediocre compared to what it supposed to be. "My god, somebody give me a towel, I'm sweat'n up a storm".

Yesterdays post, I was not expect'n the interest I got. I was think'n I was the only one with them kind of problems. I'm kind of think'n it has nuttin to do with the way ya lived, the foods ya ate, or took care of yourself....you're just get'n old. Seems everbody has the same problems....or close, an' they all bout my age. With all the input bout teeth, I rekon I'll be see'n a dentist in the near future.

Went outside yesterday an' check the water in the house batteries. Add bout a cup of water to each cell an' we good to go for another couple months. One more item check off my "fix this" list.

Oh, did I mention I did up them dirty dishes in the sink? I figgered since I was stand'n there at the sink....why not? I'm miss'n two bowls. "GOAT, where my damn bowls"???

I could sit here an' write for a couple more hours, but "damn, this is get'n too long". Maybe I'll go outside an' climb up under the "billy jeep" an' install the brake light kit. Anybody got a 1 inches hole saw I can borry? An' can somebody help me get back up off'n the ground?

I knew it, I just knew it....eff'n Google did not update my post for today.......Grrrrrrrrrr.....

5 comments:

  1. It worked just fine the first time for me. This issue also works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was afraid to say anything about you taking better care of yourself. But since others have mentioned the danger of living with bad teeth I will start on your back. You really need to have that looked at too. There is no need to be so uncomfortable with back pain with today's improvements in back care. When you get your teeth fixed, go back for a new assessment of your back. Please?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Several other blogs I read have had problems with updating. Google will never get its act together, and there will always be something wrong with it. But there isn't a whole lot of choice out there. You sound a lot better today, so maybe just getting some ideas of how to fix what might be wrong with you is a good way to start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That chili aughta fix you up good!

    ReplyDelete