?

?

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Plastic Easter eggs......Huh?

Ok, I suppose today is Saturday or something like that.....I don't keep track. Well, I try to keep track, but somewheres dur'n the week, a day comes up miss'n. One of the many downfalls of be'n retired.

I don't know bout nobody else, but I don't like plastic Easter eggs. On all the TV commercials, all ya see is plastic eggs....produced by oil an' chemicals. Is this some kind of a conspiracy or something? To take out the egg farmers of America? Just a thought for ya to ponder on today...the day before Easter. Now don't be leav'n no comment bout plastic is healthier than colored chicken eggs.

Speak'n of Easter......many many years ago, Easter was a time ya looked forward to. Ya spended hour after hour in the kitchen boil'n an' color dye'n them eggs all different colors an' designs. Think'n of strange places to hide them for tomorrow morn'n before ya let the kids loose. Hand decorated baskets for each of the kiddo's. Well, the old Billy Bob did his egg preparation a little different. Not all were boiled. It was tradition back then that the kids were to crack their eggs in their heads before peel'n an' eat'n them. Ya git the picture, right? Yuk, what a mess. But it brought the biggest smiles an' laughter ya ever see.

Holy crap, I got me a little energy yesterday afternoon. But it didn't last very long. I even shaved.  Laundry still not done. Thanks a lot Frank.

What the hell is that smell??? I open the refrigerator door yesterday to get me a hot dog.....whoooo-yeeee, that stinks. Today, I will attempt to clean the refrigerator....an' I'm sure the trash will have to be took out. See what I'm talk'n bout? Always something  to do.

Did me a nail trim on my hands an' feet last night. Maybe that will help my golf game. Then I soaked my feet in warm/hot water, dried 'em off an' applied a gob of pain reliever stuff from Walmart. Did it help? IDK, IDC, ILT....translated to I don't know, I don't care, I like tacos. Dang I like tacos. Especially Taco Bell tacos. With lettuce, maters, a little cheese an' a couple packs of that Taco Bell hot sauce. There ain't no Taco Bell in Sinton, Texas...dad gum it.

Ok, now for some my inner thoughts. They ain't too good at this time. I got to get some stuff fixed, but you already know that. I read a blog, not every day, but I do read it....of a lady that is dying a slow death. She don't hold nuttin back....tells it like it is. That got me to think'n bout the stuff I write on my blog, I tell it like it is, bout my aches an' pains. Well, I don't tell ya bout everthing what ails me, but I do talk bout this dad gum back that is kill'n me an' hav'n to wear sandals instead of shoes. Ya might say to me "a bad back cain't kill ya", but let me set ya straight....Oh yes it can. It takes time an' yes it can. Ya see, when ya got a bad back that makes ya sit most the day, other things go haywire with your systems. Blood circulation to the legs is hindered by the swell'n of yer big ol' butt cheeks. Internal problems occur.....pee'n an' poop'n problems. Food digestion slows down. Ya eat less 'cause it hurts to stand in front of the stove cook'n a healthy meal. And ya get lazy as hell.....no energy. Sit'n sucks.

An' then this other fear hit me last night. I need to be around people....just in case ya know. What if'n I fall an' need help get'n up? What if'n I need to go to the hospital? Not that I'm at that point yet, but I can see it in the near future if'n things don't change. An' that skeers me. "Hook up the "billy jeep" an' take a trip Billy Bob". That sounds easy, but even that skeers me.....what if?

My trip to Georgia is a 1,000 mile trip. That takes me 4 to 5 days (200 to 250 miles a day). An' that's mostly interstate I-20 from Shreveport, La. to Douglasville, Ga. Anybody wanna ride along? I'll teach ya how to drive a big ol' motorhome. Oh wait....let's just forget that for a minute.

Again, I am sorry I ain't got nuttin excit'n to write about like I used to, but hang in there, the old Billy Bob we used to know, may be back.

10 comments:

  1. Plastic Easter eggs from a mother's perspective. I have a thing about wasting food; eggs are food. Probably came from my mother. We had to be very careful about not cracking the eggs we colored. We hid the eggs in the house to keep them cleaner and we had to find them all. Plastic eggs let you take the hunt outside, if you lose one, no big smell, and you can stuff them with all kinds of candy, coins, trinkets, and anything else you can think of. My kids did color eggs but we ate them after every one admired the beauty of a child's creative endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well shoot Judy, mothers have as much fun boil'n an' color'n real eggs just as much as daddy and the kids do. Ganma's an' granpas are professionals when they do up bout 3 dozen eggs all by them selfs.
      Even if'n a egg gets missed "outside", it's not at all wasted. Critters love bunny eggs. And get'n dirty, ain't that why a egg has a shell.
      I used to do a couple plastic eggs. Put a five dollar bill in each one.
      Younger folks just go to Walmart an' buy a bunch of plastic eggs an' call "that" Easter egg hunt'n.

      Delete
  2. This IS a GOOD post. We now understand more what you are going through. No need to ever apologize

    I'm a mess today; hard to sit and read a blog. Back or pillow? Who knows? Just know I'm HURTING BAD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of figgered that everbody already knowed what I'm go'n through. The old stuff of get'n old surely do suck.
      Sorry you are feel'n some the pains I go through every day. Ha ha, in my computer chair is a couch pillow. Aspirin sits on the table.

      Delete
  3. I got teary eyed reading your blog, things will straighten out soon for your back..Don't worry the good Lord will help you figure out what to do when to do it and how to do it..If I lived closer you would have good Spanish/Mexican food daily, lots of veggies and a friendly ear to tell all that you want..Plastic eggs, oh my goodness, why can't people just put the eggs in the house let the little ones try to find them and the people who hid them get them, making deviled eggs and potato salad...the other eggs to me don't seem to be any fun for the little ones..It is so cold here all the egg hunts are inside event centers and churches, etc..raining as I type this, cold then for some danged reason it gets hotter and humid than you know what in a minute or two..then it starts to rain and wind, oh, I say make up your mind Mother Nature..take good care of yourself, when you head to Georgia you will find lots of Spanish and Mexican places to dine, yummee, ciao and best wishes for a pain free drive and enjoyable time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy howdy, this is a hard comment to reply to. Bout all I can say is thank ya thank ya thank ya.
      There are no "real" Mexican eat'n places in Georgia. Nuttin but those franchise places....an' they suck.

      Delete
  4. As much as eggs cost these days I can see why people are going to plastic. At least from my point of view plastic eggs just don't cut it...then again I don't have little ones around nor have I ever had to spend hours on end dying eggs and painting them.

    BTW...did someone forget about an invitation once made to take me to dine at Taco Bell? That sucker has already been built and I think it is going on two years...and I am still waiting :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it comes time for once a year family fun at Easter, the cost of eggs ain't nuttin. In my book, plastic has took that fun an' age old tradition slap out of Easter. Chickens lay eggs for a reason.

      Well no I ain't forgot bout our dinner date. Problem is, every time I am in Del Rio, by the time you show up at my camp, it's too late to go eat....drive'n after dark...that's what I'm talk'n bout. Next trip, drop by for breakfast....you bring the donuts. When noon time comes around, we'll go eat a great big ol' Mexican dinner....yum yum...can hardly wait. Then we'll go back to camp an' have a walker race round the campground.

      Delete
  5. I've had back pain once in a while during my lifetime, but never for a very long time until it went away. But I tell ya, this belly pain from fixin' my hernia is about to kill me. I'm trying to get off pain meds because of the side effects, but today I caved in and took some meds. Helps a little, but I can't drive or do anything but sleep. I'm staying at my daughter's house this weekend so I won't be alone. I wish I could help you, but us "oldies" can only give understanding and moral support.

    The kids and I always did the egg coloring thing, and then I hid the eggs for them to find. I wanted to be a perfectionist and do a beautiful job, but I soon learned that kids aren't perfectionists and they don't necessarily appreciate it. I just let them color and design how they wanted and we were all happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now putting money and treats in the plastic eggs is a fun.
    We still color the eggs, but use the to decorate the table and eat them with our meal, any leftovers make egg salad sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete