?

?

Friday, February 20, 2015

Update on them brake lights......Brake lights? What brake lights? They don't work....damn!!!

What do I got to do??? Fall into the Mississippi river an' drown? My bungie cord break? Git a broke nose or something like that?

Me an' Sadie Mae jump in the "billy jeep" an' we go to the Shell station. Reject, reject, reject!!! Well, we was only rejected for one thing.....failing brake lights. But only when the headlights are on. To simplify, when the headlights are off, the brake lights work just fine. But ya turn the headlights on, you ain't got no brake lights. I tried to tell the guy that "I don't drive at night, it'll be just fine". I have 15 days to make the brake lights work. "Old school" tells me that if'n they work with headlights off, they will work with headlights on. This is a Jeep, so "old school" is in the dumpster. I'm figger'n some rookie electrical engineer was hav'n a bad day an' got a bright idea.
Anyhows, I got me a set of brake lights to fix. An' don't know where to start.
"Google Billy Bob, all ya got to do is Google".

Holy cows, everbody with a Jeep (1999 to 2003) has the same problem. It ain't just me. On the Jeep forums, there is a guy that 'splains the fix in detail. Even videos on YouTube. There are hunnerts of people prais'n this guy.....offer'n to buy him a case of Budweiser beer...along with a 16 oz. T-bone steak. Take his wife out on the town for the evening.

The Jeep dealerships an' your local auto mechanics shops, they all know the fix. But they ain't gonna tell you bout the fix. They gonna sell ya a ton of high dollar Jeep parts an' make a kill'n off'n ya. $$$$$$$ signs in their eyes.

I ain't gonna tell ya what the fix is neither....send some cash!!!! If the fix works on the "billy jeep", I will give details. Until then, we are both in the dark. I'm think'n "old school" here ya know.
 By the way.....the guy didn't say the first word bout the parking brake. Did it pass or did it not?

Went to Walmart so's I can refill my empty freezer. I'm gonna eat good for a few days. I'm not a health nut, so's I buy anything that looks good. If'n it got fat in it, that's fine....I'm thin. If'n it's processed meats, I eat that shit too. Cold Spam sammiches sure are good.

I bought a can of spray paint. Just HAD to spray a little bit. This will be the finish color of Alice. It's not a perfect match, but it will have to do. Nobody will know but me. I sprayed some on the back end.....I like that.
With the lighting, no sunshine com'n through the winders, this photo didn't come out too good.....but you git the picture.
Dang, sure do wished I had that 1/4 inch back I cut off the bottom. Note: That strip ya see at the top of Alice, that's to keep the sides in perfect alignment. In other words....straight. I wouldn't be there if'n I glued the top on, but if'n I was to glue the top on, there would be no "play'n house" in the interior. The top is removable. Hmmmmmm....I need a miniature model quilt to throw on the bed.
Ok, no more model talk for the day.

How do I feel??? I don't feel worth a crap. My freak'n lower back an' right hip is kill'n me. I knowed I hear a bulldozer crank up last night. Had me a breath'n episode last night. A chest pain I ain't had in quite a while. Blood pressure was fine (135/80). Oh, did I mention them damn leg cramps? I don't think I'm gonna make 85 like I was figger'n on. Then I got to think'n bout that. With what it's like at 73, all these aches an' pains, what's it gonna be like at 80 or so??? I'm think'n I don't want to think bout that.
Note to sons an' daughters....DO NOT attempt to throw me in no old folks nursing facilities. That would plumb piss me off an' I would beat yer ass with a stik.

Well, I got some brake lights I got to check out. Damn....the wind is blow'n up a storm. I don't like wind when I'm check'n brake lights.
************************************************************

Update on the brake lights......Yeee haaa, them suckers work'n just like brand spank'n new. Will leave the details until tomorrow.....make ya wonder all night long...."how did Billy Bob fix them brake lights"???  

14 comments:

  1. Gonna start the "fix" with the headlights on? hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Trouble, the headlight was on.....an' Oh yeah, the brake lights are fixed.

      Delete
  2. What are the dimensions of the quilt you are looking at for Alice? I wonder if a foundation pieced one would work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Judy, I'm think'n maybe you ain't been pay'n attention to what I'm building. It's a scale model, 16 inches long, of my first motorhome Alice (29 feet long). I need a MINIATURE (3inch by 4 inch) quilt or just a blanket. LOL...scale model.

      I'm think'n there ain't no foundation is gonna build me a quilt that tiny.

      Delete
    2. You never know about these things!

      Delete
  3. Them old oak trees are groaning from the wind here in Rockport. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alice looking good.
    And just know you can fix them brake lights.
    Look like OFM Barney is calling you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I agree, Alice is look'n good.
      Brake lights are fixed....Yeeee Har!!!

      Delete
  5. If all they failed you for is the brake lights, then I doubt they will go through the whole check again when you bring the Jeep back after you do the fix on the lights. If they give you much more trouble I think I would move out of Texas, but I know you won't do that.

    My personal opinion is that the reason people feel worse when they get older is that the doctors prescribe all that crap for us. I feel like a hunnert dollar bill since I quit taking prescription meds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea if the parking brake was even checked before they found the brake lights not working. I'll know when I go back. I just hope they have an' they passed.

      I am down to only three prescription drugs. A blood pressure pill, a "slow yer heart down" pill an' my COPD med Spiriva. With the condition my lungs are in (50%), I'm gonna have breath'n problems rather I take meds or not. But, it is much better when I do.

      The blood pressure med....hell I don't know. An' the slow yer heart down med, it controls me from go'n into a tachycardia attack (rapid heart beat). The cholesterol shit, Lipitor, I throwed it in the dumpster.

      Delete
  6. The dumpster is the best place for Lipitor, Crestor, and the like. That stuff can be dangerous. I quit taking aspirin to thin my blood too, and I can just say that all around I feel great. Not that I don't have a little ache or pain here and there, but I feel healthy except I sit too much - dang computer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Geeesh Billy Bob.. now you gonna keep Steveio awake ALL night wondering about them brake lights. Ain't gonna be no sleeping in our rig tonight until you fess up. Steve said he was about to suggest two candles and tin foil for reflectors behind each of them.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Daddy hello, the alice looks good. glad you got your trail lights fixed. (what was to problem?) sorry to hear your health is not good from what you wrote. when you coming back to Ga??? And I/we will not put you in a home. did I say the drive at moms was redone. three big O dump truck loads of crusher runn. Have a RV pad, the conduit and water line is in the ground. but no power or water yet. (coming soon) almost finished in the basement, getting ready for the move. well I'm in Dayton Fl. changing out batteries then to Boldwin Fl. Home next w-end for one day then to Huntsville Al. Ok love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete