?

?

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Second update.....What a depressing day this is.....Grrrrrrr

Damn I'm depressed this morn'n.
I ain't the only one ya know. There's other people out there what wear the same kind of shoes I do. Pay Less "old folk" shoes. They feel the same way I do ever morn'n.....don't give a rats. They eat up hand fulls of pain pills, heart meds an' antidepressants.....stuff like that....just to start a new day. They holler at the dog.

Shit breaks. I been hear'n that all my life. An', dad gum it, it's true. Then ya get into situations where things  just don't work right. Ya see what I'm talk'n bout?...them brand spank'n new park brake shoes DO NOT HOLD. I was able to get the park brake level to pull tension on the brake cables. Pull that lever back like a trucker. Start up the "billy jeep", drop 'er in gear an' across the yard I go. Now THAT piss me slap off. With new brake shoes, it ain't supposed to do that. More on this after it gets a bit warmer an' I go tear the whole damn thing apart. Google has been very little help with this situation.

I've tole nephew Joseph bout a hunnert times...."sure do wished I had bought that other Jeep" (2007).

But I love the hell out the "billy jeep" (2001).
 But she is piss'n me off to no end. I mean like....what can be so complicated bout a parking brake??? American built vehicles ain't supposed to break.

Back to that "redneck" chicken noodle tater vegetable soup, with maters, what I brewed up yesterday. Looks can be deceiving ya know, an' let me tell ya, I was deceived. I mean, I got a whole pot of soup I gotta get rid of. But then I got to think'n...."I can fix stuff". So's I take me a pac of beef stew seasoning an' put it in there. Hmmmmm....I can eat this shit stuff.

Holy cows, it was cold last night. I had me 2 electric heaters crank up on hi an' it's still cold in here. Mr Heater was cranked up. Speak'n of electric heaters. I got to tear these ones slap apart an' remove all the dog hair, grass clip'ns an' dirt off'n the heater coils. Another job for "Billy Bob Appliance Repair".....Grrrrrrr.
While I'm on the subject....the damn refrigerator is fall'n down. Ya see, it sits on a plywood platform. Me an' Robert fix that platform less than a year ago to level the fridge. Now one front corner is lower than the other. Another Grrrrrr. For the last year, it has rained on me pretty dad gum good....stuff break'n at every turn. Good thing I don't have to pay for repairs.

Ok, I'm gonna try to remove a couple items from my "to do" list. If'n I was younger, I could clear the entire list in one day. But I ain't...an' I won't.
***************************************************************

Update....already
Ok, the refrigerator is all took care of. Scratch THAT sucker off the list. Yeee haw an' all that stuff.

Second update.....I pull that center console slap out the "billy jeep". Take a look see at the parking brake lever mechanism.....Hmmmm, the doo flotchy ain't contact'n that gear look'n thingy. Common mechanical talk. With my fingers, I press that doo flotchy against the gear thingy.....walla, the lever pulls the cable. Either the spring is broke or it needs some lubrication. WD-40 to the rescue......Yeee Haw.....it works.
Now all I gotta do is figger out why the new shoes ain't hold'n the "billy jeep" from shoot'n across the yard.

That's 2 items off'n the list....refrigerator an' park brake lever. Now can somebody 'splain to me why the freak'n thing don't hold. I'm think'n, because it's all time 4x4, that could be part of the problem.  

9 comments:

  1. Everything gets old, people and things. Sometimes repairs work and sometimes they don't. live up to expectations. That is true for things and people. I am going to knock on wood cause me and my Jeep are still running fairly well . . . well maybe I ain't running anymore but I can still walk fast!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Repairs will ALWAYS work Dizzy. All ya gotta do is replace all the freak'n parts with new.

      Your Jeep Dizzy, it ain't a Grand Cherokee Limited. The GCL have many many "break down" issues, while the Liberty does not.

      Delete
  2. Old age just sucks, doesn't it? I abhor but also give thanks that I'm still alive and toddling, at least. Days that I don't do anything feels like such a big loss.

    That is one beautiful vehicle! Hmm, looks can be deceiving though, I must remember this.

    So, do the cats get the soup pot or not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, cats just got a plate full. They eat anything ya know. Me an' Sadie Mae will eat all we can of this stuff....then cats can finish it.

      Delete
  3. I love that Jeep and wish I still had one. I had a 1996 Grand Cherokee that I sold when I bought my 5th wheel and truck, and I'd be better off if I was still driving that Jeep!

    If I was to make a To Do list I'd get so frustrated I wouldn't do anything. I do have a small To Do list for traveling to Milwaukee & Sioux Falls in about a week, but I just can't get started on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "that jeep", you know, the POS, it was a '97.GCL Orvis. That's the expensive one if'n ya didn't know. I liked the hell out it, but the breakdowns was eat'n me slap up. Hunnert dollar here, hunnert dollar there.

      With only one week to clear a "to do" travel list, ya better git with it. Ya sure don't want to pull into a motel an' find out your suitcase is sit'n in a chair back home. Anyhows, cain't wait to read bout the trip. An' the photos.

      Delete
  4. Well you getting stuff done. If you had nothing to fix what ya do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha....I would be work'n on a motorhome project....Alice

      Delete
  5. I commend you for being able to fix a parking break. I've tried a few times to change regular breaks and failed miserably.

    ReplyDelete