?

?

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Dreams an' model motorhomes....what a combination

Holy cows....it's gonna take a year to build this thing. Take'n parts out of a box (kit) an' glue'n 'em together...an' walla, ya got yourself a model. That ain't the case in the "Alice" build. Each piece has to be formed to scale out of pieces of bass wood (harder than balsa wood). As an' example....have ya ever builded a scale model cook'n stove to fit a scale model kitchen counter?

  This stove involved over two hours an' one remake. Cain't wait to get it all sanded down an' painted.

On top of this little project, more work has been performed on the front cap. It's get'n close to completion. Well, kind of sorta. Fill'n, sand'n an' cut'n to fit.

Yesterdays endeavors took a total of bout 6 hours of tedious craftsmanship. I'm happy with the results.

But, I'm gonna slow down on the Alice project. I shut it down last night right around 10:30pm think'n I would attempt to "git me some sleep tonight". Never touched it again.

But, shut'n down one project, got me to think'n bout another. The ignition switch on the "billy jeep". I ain't never changed no ignition switch on a Jeep an' now was the time to learn. Ha to that say'n. I don't even know where the ignition switch is located an' what is involved to replace the damn thing. Remember when I say..."Google is your best friend"? That's where I went....to Google. For the next 3 hours of search'n, look'n for YouTube videos an' read'n, I ain't no better off than I was when I started. An'....it's 3am a clock in the morn'n. Damn is all I got to say bout that.

When I roll out of bed this morn'n, I'm all bended over again. One terrible episode of leg cramps, what make me cuss a couple times. I been attempt'n to lay off'n the Advil an' aspirin so's my stomach don't get full of big ol' holes an' I bleed to death. This is when I notice the "bulldozer" pains start showed up again. I'm think'n this may not work out so well. I'll chug along as best I can.

Now, speak'n of chug'n along. As ya all know, I'm retired, I'm old, an' I got a 35 foots motorhome an' a "billy jeep" to tug along behind me. Does that mean that for the rest of my life I am destined to "travel" an' nuttin else? Well, I'm mak'n me plans to the contrary. I'm look'n for a little piece of propery. Somewheres where I can spend my final days in comfort....build'n projects if'n I want to. Grow me some mater plants if'n I take a notion. Shoot, I know a ton of older people what are retired an' they don't travel all over the country.

Actually, this all comes back to my one remain'n dream....the RV shelter. So what if it takes me 10 minutes to climb aboard a bulldozer just to crank that sucker up. Once this sucker is run'n an' I'm sit'n in that seat, I'm good to go. Build me some roads an' shit like that. The big ass timbers what have to go in the ground....I can hire me some cheap labor for that. All the walls will be built on the ground (I can do that), then hoisted in between each big ass timber with a electric winch...I can do that too. I know some shit bout build'n stuff ya know. The roof of "Sally da house" used as my scaffold for secur'n the walls an' install'n the roof trusses.  Hmmmm, now how the hell am I gonna get on the roof of "Sally da house". Hired labor to install the tin roofing.
This is my dream folks an' I'm all excitis bout it. Hmmmm, now where the hell am I gonna find that one perfect piece of property?

Funny how the mind works. Even though I have this dream, what's the possibility of it ever com'n true? I ain't no spring chicken no more ya know. This project would take probly close to 2 years to complete....after I locate the property. How much time do I have left?

Ok....this is where I'm at today. We'll see where I'm at tomorrow. Hell, I may want to go to Falcon Lake an' catch me up that 14 pounds bass fish. Shoot, I wonder if'n my old RV space is still available in Deming.
Actually, I don't know what the hell I want to do......damn!!! Retirement sucks. Along with a little old age.  




15 comments:

  1. That kitchen looking good.
    I have always wanted to build an rv shelter on the perfect piece of property,and have been dreaming about that since I was 50, have not found the property yet, mainly cause I live in Canada and don't like being here in the winter, thats a big problem for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't do the same as I have George an' wait till it's too late. I've waited toooo long an' now will have to hire outside labor if'n I'm ever gonna do it.

      It's been a while since I've say this, but...."to give up on a dream is to die inside". I made that up many many years ago an' I still believe it today.

      There's always the possibility you could build your dream in southwest Arizona ya know.

      Delete
  2. Have you ever considered a retirement RV park like the one's the Escapees have. I understand that they even have visiting nurses that come there to take care of your ills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DD, you have your information incorrect. The Escapees have the Care Center in Livingston and no where else.

      Delete
    2. Last I heared Dizzy, is that RV parks don't allow ya to build a RV shelter. Much less, a porch with a roof on it. Or to dig a big ol' pond in your front yard.
      A retirement RV park is not my idea of a comfortable life. They got rules....right?

      Delete
  3. ...."to give up on a dream is to die inside".
    Reading these words I realized this is what happened for me a couple years back. Now life is total stagnation,; not enough motivation to even breathe deeply.

    Do your dream today, Billy Bob. Find that piece of ground. Don't hesitate another moment, if you can keep from it. I for one await the day you can shout out loud with joy and contentment for all days to come.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god Sissy, I done mess up my own say'n. It should read...."to let a dream die, is to die inside". Man...how the hell I do that?

      Anyhows, I'm so sorry that you missed out on a dream an' you have given up. I wished I had me one them college degrees so's I could give ya some advice, but hell, git'n through the forth grade was bad enough. Hang in there girl.

      Delete
  4. First of all, your header photo today - I can't stop laughing!

    Second, we can waste a whole lot of time thinking about how long we have in our future. I do this all the time and it drives me crazy. Dammit! Stop thinking about how much time is left and just live in the current moments while you have them. That's what I tell myself, but I have to say it over and over again. And you, BillyBob, are too ornery a cuss to die for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know how long it took me to put that header pic together??? That wasn't the bulldozer I was gonna use, but when I seen this one, with a guy stand'n in front....I says..."that guy could be Billy Bob." An' that was the best pic to fit the situation.

      Boy howdy, you didn't miss very far on the wasted time bout our futures. I could a build me another model in all the time I wasted think'n bout that stuff.

      What the hell??? I ain't ornery....not in the least....Sheesh girl.

      Delete
  5. "Actually, I don't know what the hell I want to do" Boy howdy that is me these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may not know this Barney, but when I was your age, I was think'n long the same lines. Now I think it all the time.
      If'n ya get in the need for a bulldozer, I'll borry you mine.

      I wonder if "a new lease on life" could fit the situation.

      Delete
  6. That header shot is great, you are one hell of a craftsman- doing the whole RV by hand plus to scale and that is the biggest friggen quarter I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made that quarter out of a truck tire.....you do believe that right?
      I like the header photo also.....it's kind of cool.

      Delete
  7. So start looking for land. Look around each area you think you might want to live. The right place will pop up and slap you when you think you are just looking.

    As for the Escapees thing, I think in the co-op parks you can build shelters as you 'own' the lot. Could be wrong, but I was thinking that way for while myself. Just no co-op parks where I can find jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, ha, ha ...Wjen I first saw the header< Billy Bob, I thought you were sittin' on the john with your pants down around your knees. The brown on the left of the original guy is probably his carpenter's apron, but looked like flesh at first glance. And I thought only BB would make a john out of a bulldozer!
    "I don't know what I want to do ....Retirement sucks" Boy, have you got that wrong! In retirement you have so many options! Just look at even what you yourself just posted: go catch that 14 lb bass, find a place and dig a pond, build that sheletr, travel more. Heads up buckaroo - the US of A is your oyster, and it's up to you to decide which pearl to pluck. Live your dreams ......

    ReplyDelete