?

?

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Thank you Albert for your knowledge in brake light fix'n

Thank you, thank you, thank you Mr. Albert Google. It ain't offen that you gonna find the old Billy Bob giv'n credit to somebody that gives him so much grief with blogger an' stuff like that, but "Thank you so much Mr. Google". My brake lights are now working.

It took me a long time to go outside an' try the "fix" I found on the internet. Old school tole me a fix like that would never work. *think'n....I'm gonna have to pull the dashboard slap apart an' start check'n parts...not know'n what the hell I'm look'n for.* Brake lights are NOT operated by the headlight switch, they're operated by the damn brake peddle. If they work with the headlights off, they will work with the headlights on. But, this is s Jeep. Jeep's don't work that way. An' that's what happen to the "billy jeep".
Anyhows, I says to myself...."go outside an' 'try' the internet fix an' see what happens". My god, lookie here, the brake lights work with the headlights on. A simple 30 minute fix. Wait for it..........are ya wait'n?

Now who the hell says that Billy Bob don't know how to do quilt'n an' blanket build'n.
I don't ever recall the bed look'n that good.....made up like that. Need to find a scale model dog to lay on the bed....paint it black...name it Sadie Mae. No, I don't build dogs. But I betcha a dollar I could.
Do ya see that space (bout 12 inches) between the bed an' the back wall? First mate Vickie Lynn fall slap out the bed in that little space on more than one occasion. Had she drinked a little less vodka an' been just a tiny bit sober, it would have never happen. My god, I like to never get her out that hole. Vickie Lynn walked the plank on return to Port Aransas from a trip to California an' back.  

I'm git'n all antsy bout put'n a coat of paint on Alice. Now if'n I was to do that, that paint job would get all mess up work'n on other stuff. But, I could always not work on that other stuff....dwindling interest has set in. Down to the nitty gritty. Don't be too surprised if'n I post a picture of a painted "Alice" in the very near future.

Damn, I got to go outside an' reinstall them tail lights. Take a whole 5 minutes for that job. Four screws. No cuss'n they go in so easy. Ha ha, Billy Bob gonna check 'em one more time just to make sure they still work.

Man boy howdy....I climb in that chair last night to watch me up some TV. Remember what happens when I get in that chair....I go to sleep. I wakes up at 3am...."why am I still in this chair? Go to bed". Shoot' I'm all comfortable an' stuff, I ain't go'n to bed. Third night in a week I sleep in that chair.  Wake up hurt'n like hell.

Pizza. Have ya ever try to grill pizza in a wind storm? The wind was blow'n bout 20 mile a hour. The Weber don't like that. A great big ol' piece of cardboard fix that right up as a wind break. It still took almost 45 minutes to get my pizza just the way I like it.....crisp bottom an' stretchy cheese. Cats will be eat'n left over soup today. I ain't eat'n no more that shit.

Weather has changed again with all them cold fronts they get'n up north. We get the tail end of 'em down here in south Texas. 40's at night an' upper 60's an' 70's day time. Damn I'll be glad when winter is over so's I can complain bout how freak'n hot it is. One good thing bout "hot" is ya can get all neekit if necessary.

Now that reminds me the time....we was liv'n in Port Aransas. It was summer time....hot as hell at night (80's with hi humidity). First wife was giv'n me hell 'cause I come in drunk an puke on the floor. My god, she was cuss'n me. I jumps out of bed an' takes off after her. Don't ask, I don't know. She's out at the sidewalk giv'n me the old "Nah nah nah, you cain't catch me". Like hell I cain't....I go out the door an' down the sidewalk. Oh hell no, I am neekit like a new borned boy child. I ain't got a stitch of nuttin on. People is point'n fingers at me an' laugh'n...."my god, it's Sunday morn'n an' the streets are full of tourist". That's all I have to say bout that!!!

Inside Jeep taillight assemblies are 3 twist in lamp bulb holders. There is no ground to the assembly from the frame. Ground to each light bub comes from the wir'n harness....little plug in thingy what is plug in to a printed circuit board with metal tabs in each lamp holder hole. The lamp holders twist into these circuit boards an' make contact to the little tabs what stick out. Heat from the tail light an' brake light does a "let's melt some plastic" job on the plastic support'n the tabs. The lamp holders lose contact on the ground tab. Ha...brake lights ain't gonna work. Accord'n to Mr. Albert Google's lead mechanic, all ya gotta do is bend that little tab back up out of the melted plastic to where contact is made. Oh yeah....it works like a charm. But it sure to hell ain't nuttin like "old school".

Ok, gonna try to figger out what to do today. Would love to go golf ball swak'n, but with this damn hip, it ain't gonna happen.  




 

11 comments:

  1. Now fixin' the tail lights wasn't so bad, was it? That guy at Shell ought to pass you with flying colors! I sounds like you were the entertainment of the neighborhood when you were drinking! Some of those folks are probably still telling the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it hadn't been for Google search leading me to Jeep forums with the same issue, I would have the whole dashboard tore out by now. That would have been a job....an' I can betcha a dollar, a few cuss'n episodes too.

      The inspection at the Shell station may have not been completed when they rejected me on the brake lights. Fingers crossed an' all that stuff.

      Oh yeah, I was quite the "clown" when I got a tad on the tipsy side. I'm think'n that if'n I still remember it, they do too.

      Delete
  2. That is a nice looking fix to, what is scale model Billy Bob going to sleep under. Bet you can find a scale model Sadie Mae in the junk stores or the kids section of Wally World.

    Ah, the less than intelligent things we have done 3-sheets-to-the-wind. Brought a smile to my face as I remember some of the stunts I have been party to. Then I chuckled thinking about the look on the young'uns faces when it dawns on them that Mama was not prim-n-proper lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While shop'n at Hobby Lobby, I seen some "Sadie Maes"....right bout the right scale, 3/4 inch long.

      We don't talk much bout that stuff do we? I got a ton of "drink'n" stories I could tell, but "Oh my", my kids an' grandkids could see it. My favorite kind of wimmins was a long way from "prim an' proper". Ha ha...they make rules for hav'n fun.

      Delete
  3. Well heck, if you're gonna get a scale model Sadie Mae maybe you oughta get a scale model Vicki Lynn as well ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha....never thought bout a mini Vickie Lynn. Just throw her on the floor an' she would be home.

      Delete
    2. I was going to say the same thing but the Odd Essay beat me to the punch line. It would be a great conversation piece...a scale model Vickie Lynn stuck in that little space...jajajajaja!

      Hope the real VIckie Lynn doesn't read your blog!

      Delete
  4. Gotta love those easy fixin jobs.
    Now runnin round the neighborhood neek'd sounds like a great way to get in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that I was able to find the fix on the internet before I tore stuff apart an' never find the problem.

      I didn't mention the visit from the local law enforcement in my post.

      Delete
  5. That driving light that was out on the Truck that drove you nuts turned out to be a heat failed bulb socket. Works good now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. whoowieeee from brake lights to bed spreads to paintin to chair sleeping to pizza to RUNNING NEKID DOWN THE STREET?????

    Gee, you sure run the gammit don't ya?


    KarenInTheWoods and Steveio
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete