?

?

Friday, February 13, 2015

State inspections, ignition switches an' south Texas chili

Man boy howdy, yesterdays post was WAY too freak'n long. If I'm writ'n, I can do that. But you put me on a telephone an' in five minutes, I'm done.

There weren't a whole lot went on yesterday that would be of any interest, so's I just ain't gonna say nuttin bout that. It was another beautiful day.

The "billy jeep" is due for a safety inspection. As far as I know, everthing works just fine. All but one item....the parking brake. I pull the lever back, drop 'er in gear an' the damn thing rolls forward. That ain't right. "It's a freak'n Jeep...what do you expect"??? Ever time something goes wrong with the "billy jeep", I think of "that jeep". That's a place I don't want my mind go'n.
But anyways, the parking brake has got to be fixed before I'm issued a safety inspection sticker.

When we replaced the left axle bearing an' seal, we worked on the parking brake on that side. It was covered with oil an' grease. Need a good clean'n. Now I'm think'n, did we replace the brake shoes or did we just clean them? Google is your best friend ya know.....Replace parking brake shoes with OEM parts, readjust an' you good to go. Now I question, what would Chrysler Motors put in their brake shoes that others don't? I mean....a freak'n shoe is a shoe.

Then on top of all that, I went out there , turn the key to start the car....it do nuttin. But it was only one time. It seems there is the possibility the new ignition switch did NOT fix the problem. Now it did take some start'n an' stop'n to get it to not work that "one" time. More testing will be done today...here in a bit. Here in a bit means, not right now....maybe not even today.  Dashboard parts still lay'n on the floor.

I did me some work on "Alice" yesterday. A little sand'n to round the edges an' smooth the surface for a nice coat of gray primer. Ha....I didn't get very far on that job. Now I'm get'n low on gray primer. I put it on, fill an' sand a little an' put some more on. How many cans of primer does it take to prime a freak'n motorhome for a paint job???

That pot of chili come out [this] close to perfect. There's a tiny little taste in there that I ain't figger out yet. It don't belong in "Billy Bob South Texas Chili". I have a secret ingredient what I put my chili. What will no longer be a secret. Jalapeno juice 1/4 cup an' chopped jalapeno 2 to 3 tablespoon....out of a jar from Walmart ya know. Anyhows, I will be eat'n chili for the next 3 days. Hmmmmm, maybe a tad too much jalapeno juice???? No my chili ain't hot. Bout mid ways from mild to sweat beads.


Pancho Villa come up to the ranch from Mexico one time for a sip up a cup visit with my grandpa. Grandma had just brewed up a pot of New Mexico chili. Next to it on the stove was a pot of boil'n pinto beans. Pancho was hungry. So grandma put some them pintos in her chili so's there would be plenty to go round. Now you know how beans made their entrance into chili. Ha....I knowed a northerner that brewed up a pot of chicken chili. Beans were added. Navy beans. I ain't say'n no more bout THAT pot of chili. God invented cows for a reason, an' chili is one of 'em.

Ok, that's it for today before I flap my jaws too much like I did yesterday.      

8 comments:

  1. I've had automatic transmission for the past 25 years and I never use the parking brake. If I did I would forget to release it. I think I have my daughter trained that when she drives my car she doesn't put the parking brake on! That chili might be a little too hot for me now that I'm older and can't eat a few things that I used to love. But your chili sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never use mine neither. But to pass the Texas safety inspection, your parking brake must work. Mine don't.

      I'm think'n this chili would be just right for you. It's much closer to the mild side than it is the "hot" side. I like "hot", but when "hot" takes over "taste"....it's too damn hot. Mine has taste.

      Delete
  2. Chili is best made just the way you say, sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beans have no business being in Chili. I was told that right after I moved south from PA. Up there in PA, people put beans in Chili, and that is all I knew. Now I like the no bean chili the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That could possibly be that you ain't never tasted Billy Bob south Texas chili. Either that or you ain't never ate pinto beans. Either way, don't knock chili with a bit of beans.

      Delete
  4. You do great hobby work and I'm sure you appreciate good work. Check out the B29 somebody built and fly.
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1568071845917&set=vb.1359065512&type=2&theater

    Mickey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup.. .we can do with beans in chili.... but NOT chicken! yuck!

    (or how about some of those "vegetarian chili" ?????)

    KarenInTheWoods​ and Steveio​
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

    ReplyDelete