?

?

Monday, August 25, 2014

3 minutes each side Robert......sheesh!!!

Feel'n good is a good thing. Feel'n bad sucks.

Yesterday I feeled good. Low pain levels not only make ya want to do stuff, it clears your mind of negative thoughts that ain't suppose to be there. You know, walkers, crutches an' high powered 4 cylinder wheelchairs. Hmmmmmm, betcha a buck I could design one what go a hunnert mile a hour.

Boy howdy, I sit on that couch yesterday after it was checked off'n the "fix it" list.....an' let me tell ya, I like this. My butt cheeks sinked down just the perfect amount, I didn't hurt....an' my eyes fall down. I can take me a nap on this couch again. I got so comfortable I done missed the rest of the golf'n game on TV.....cut'n zzzzz's.

 Grandson Mack showed up at my door yesterday....."did ya work on the spud gun papaw"? "Well Mack, yeah I did do a little work on it, but I still cain't get that sucker  to shoot". Mack looks it over an' says...."can I try it papaw"? A paper towel was stuffed down the barrel an' two spurts of "butane" powered underarm deodorant was shot in the combustion chamber. He pull the trigger an' that thing go "SWOOSH-BOOOOM". Sound just like a real "spud gun from hell".
"Taters Mack, we gotta go buy us up a big bag of taters".

I got to teach my son Robert a few things bout cook'n an' eat'n steak. When I says "three minutes each side" I mean three minutes each side......on the hottest part of the grill....put some burn on that sucker. An' then, ya NEVER ever in yer lifetime, put steak sauce on a steak. Ya ain't eat'n beef no more. You're eat'n dad gum chemicals. Grrrrrrrrr......

There's a possibility I may be trim'n my beard today. How much of a possibility I don't know. I like it long, but long, I looks kind of like a ol' timey "geezer" redneck what live way back in the hills away from civilization.....brew'n up moonshine. With all the shop'n trips I make to Walmart, I need to look respectful. I know what yer think'n......I fit right in.

That's one of the good things bout grow'n old. You can dress any ways ya want to, say most anything what comes to yer mind, say a few cuss'n words....an' you can even fart in the aisles. An' nobody thinks anything of it. Well not at Walmart anyhows. I love Walmart. Shoppers paradise.

So what am I gonna do for the rest of the day? When I got up I says "I ain't gonna do nuttin today". But.....ya never know. Think'n I won't be start'n on the new projects today, but I may do a little housework. Bedroom is look'n good. But, I still have drawers an' under the bed to go through....toss shit out to the dumpster. Who knows, maybe when I finish, all them books will fit under the bed. Note: In motorhomes, under the bed is a enclosed storage area. "Alice", my first motorhome, had a 125 gallon fresh water tank under there. Big ass water tank. Not much room left for "stuff". "Sally da house" has enough room under there to smuggle 6 or 8 illegals across the border.  Well it would if'n I didn't have it full of "stuff".

Ok, I probly done said too much.....I'm out of here. I feel good again today. 

 

7 comments:

  1. You remind me of my late ex husband. We were in K Mart years ago and all of the sudden he runs up to me trying to keep from laughing. It seems he farted and a woman near him lit into her husband accusing him of doing it. The poor man swore it wasn't him but she didn't believe him and kept on yelling at him. My husband ran like a coward and let the other guy take the blame!

    Glad you got that couch fixed. I wanted to tell you to throw it out and get a new one, but you kept on trying to fix it and you finally succeeded. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha Gypsy, I like that story. If'n I have me a mishap like that, I don't stick around neither. But I DO look back to see what happens.

      I knowed all along I could fix that "damn" couch. Just didn't expect it to take two months.
      A new one of any quality cost 4 times what the "fix" costed ($300).

      Delete
  2. Billy Bob,I say put on the Stetson hat and the aviator sunglasses and then see how much of a beard you like with them on.Couldn't hurt to look good for the nurses....Vada in Tx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vada, it's been a few years since I put that Stetson on. It just hangs there on the wall while I pick up a old baseball cap.

      One good thing bout beards, they will grow back out.

      Delete
  3. I say don't shave nor cut hair. That is the way I do it now. Getting old has some advantages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to make a showing in public Dizzy. Look'n like a wild critter may get me a free ride to the dog pound.

      Delete
  4. Nice you got that couch fixed,
    Now me I like my steak 2 minutes a side or less, don't want to kill it.

    ReplyDelete