?

?

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Update....Refrigerator went out......damn!!!

Man! I don't know what to talk bout this morn'n. Ain't no use talk'n bout no surgery until I goes up there an' sign some papers. One little issue I have though, is the possibility that Medicare ain't gonna pay nuttin. I hear they do that to old folks what ain't of any use to society no more. You know what I mean, living off SS that we paid into for 40 or 50 years. Try'n to claim healthcare what we paid into for the same amount of time....an' still pay into every month (bout $104). What freak'n good are old folks? I hope you catched my sarcasm. But dad gum it, it could happen ya know.

My god, we had a rain storm last night. Thunder an' lighting all over the place. Skeer hell out of Sadie Mae. That was bout 6pm or alongs there. Hell, I don't know, I was watch'n TV. Anyhows, it turned the midnight hour. I looks up at the refrigerator controls. There ain't no lights, my refrigerator is not work'n. In a sprinkl'n rain, I goes out there an' start check'n voltages. They OK. Got 115 volts an' 12 volts to the refrige control thingy. It still don't work an' water is run'n out the drain line. My stuff is gonna defrost an' everthing is gonna rot.

Now I ain't the brightest guy in the block, but I knows what's inside that control thingy box. A circuit board with two fuses in it. Ha, I don't even have to check voltage, that 3 amp fuse is burn slap up. Now where did I put my "glass" fuses? Frick, I ain't got none. "Tin foil Billy Bob, put some tin foil". As a test, I placed some tin foil on the burned fuse an' installed it. Walla, the refrigerator come back on.

Slow down before ya say anything....I ain't done yet. Ya see, I said this was a test. Do I need to 'splain what a fuse is for? Simply to protect a expensive circuit board from catch'n a fire.
I'm get'n wet....an' it's dark as hell out here. But I need to check the amp flow....the redneck way. Pull one end of the fuse loose, they gently touch it to make contact....watch the spark. A big spark, something gonna burn up. A tiny spark, it works. I had a tiny spark. We have refrigeration.

But, when I transfer over to propane from electric, it don't work. I transfer back to electric for the night. Tin foil an' all.

Then I got to think'n...."why did that fuse burn out"? The only thing I can figger is that dad gum light'n storm what was hit'n so close to home. I'm talk'n right across the street. Weren't no way it got wet from the rain....it's sealed. Old age? There's that possibility, but I'm think'n lightning.

Bout not work'n on propane. Ok, who ever designed to drain system, hung the drain line right over the propane gas valve. It were sop'n wet from the freezer melt. The old Billy Bob know how to fix that....move it. So....the refrigerator repairs were added to the "fix it" list.

Next......I was sit'n here yesterday mind'n my own business watch'n golf on the TV. It was rain'n. Drop drip drip, water was fall'n on my shoulder. What the hell, the overhead vent is leak'n rain water. This means a trip to the roof with my trusty caulk'n gun. Where the hell is my son Robert? Added to the "fix it" list.

Then on top all that, I was still wide awake at 4am. I musta been think'n bout that girl over there in Del Rio. She stays up late too ya know.

Speak'n of ice pacs, I made me a ice pac yesterday. 2 to 1 mix water an' alcohol. Ok, it didn't work. Ya see, I ain't got no regular rub'n alcohol. Mine is the 91% stuff. It's a macho thing....more is better. Anyhows, it didn't even start to freeze to a slush. Ain't got no room for more water. "Now what ya gonna do Billy Bob"? Well shoot....does Walmart sell ice pacs? Or I could put it in a bigger zip loc an' add a cup of water. I'll try that first.

Pain levels. Yesterday morn'n I thought I was gonna die. Through the day it got better. Better enough to warsh them dishes an' sweep the floor. Worked on the old furnace cover thingy so water don't come inside. Boy howdy did I ever screw that job up. Ya see, the plastic I used, 1/16th inch thick, was in a roll. An' when I glued it in the cover, before the RV caulking set up, it decided to roll up again. I got caulking all over my hands an' fingers, ruined a perfectly good pair of Wrangler jeans an' a $15 Walmart special shirt I play golf in. That shit don't come off. In my stash of "stuff I may need" was a flat piece of plastic, bout 1/32nd inch thick. The cover was completed at a total cost of bout $40.....sheesh!!!
************************************************************************

Ok, the roof vent is fixed. Hail the other day busted a hole in it. Caulked that sucker right up.

For Barney.....here are the batteries.

 

18 comments:

  1. There always seems to be something going wrong with RVs. Mine is still in the shop, been there since April. Remember when those trees jumped out and grabbed it? They had to have the damaged compartment doors made up and of course there was a waiting list. Finally, they said the doors will be shipped on the 12th, don't know when they will arrive or get installed. I miss my RV!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi B.B. your favorite store ( walmart ) sells( coleman chillers ) brand ice packs in all kinds of shapes .
    now do you remember when i came to visit you in the las crusas mx hospital after your heart surgery ? do you remember when i sat down on the chair that was in your room ? when i sat down i got some gum stuck on my brand new wrangler geans ? do you remember what you told me to do to get it off ? you told me to spray some WD40 . whan i got home i did what you told me and like magic it came right off . so now i am thinking WD40 might save you favorite golfing shirt and wrangler geans .
    just like you told now i am tell you back to give it a try before you throw your favorite clothes away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi B.B. i thought you once said that rain is for farmers and you are not and ever will be a farmer . and you do not like rain ? so what are you doing playing in the rain in the dark last night ? trying to get electrocuted ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesterday, I watched the Hillbilly Blood episodes and O Brother Where Art Thou and I realized that you are remind me of a man of constant sorrow. Good luck in Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Checked the battery water lately? Those batts you prefer need a drink often you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you reminded me Barney.....on the "fix it" list.
      Speak'n of batteries, son Robert brung me 4 batteries from a job he was on. 12 volt AGM suckers at...I'm think'n 100 amp hours each. But, they are too heavy for my battery mount system....100# each.

      Delete
    2. http://www.replaceupsbattery.com/high-rate-ups-batteries/C-D-Technologies-UPS12-490MR-High-Rate-Replacement-Battery/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwsJyfBRC729Oy5Pf26ekBEiQAYtd9QddgJFHhaGUVo7gGkWpOG089cUAxBrb6JT51aulIvcAaAkU18P8HAQ
      Here is those batts and the specs on them.

      Delete
  6. If'n it ain't one thing, it's a dozen. Reckon that's life, Billy Bob. Thank your lucky stars you're still able to think well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was think'n last night....."why me lord"? Yeah, it is part of life, stuff breaks down when least expected. But I know's how to fix stuff ya know.

      By the way, the roof vent is fixed. Dad gum hail busted a hole in it. Caulk that sucker up like brand spank'n new.

      Delete
  7. hi B.B. if your insurance don't pay for your surgery ,remember that i still know how to drive your big rig and i know how to get to mexico , i am pretty sure that the mexican surgeon will do a good job for 10 times less moneys ,because they are not pre-occupied about being sued

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Louie, forget surgery in Mexico. I don't want to pay their prices when I can get it done for free right here in the good ol' US of A. That's why I have Medicare an' a secondary insurance.

      So no more talk bout me go'n to Mexico....OK?

      Delete
  8. hi mr.P your words today was .. One little issue I have though, is the possibility that Medicare ain't gonna pay nuttin. I am so sorry if i did not understand that your insurance would not pay nuttin . where the h*** did i get that idea ?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a pair of jeans with battery acid holes in them. I put them away and said to myself, "The next time I work on batteries, I will wear these jeans". Good idea, right. Well, I only remember after I have ruined another pair of jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Then on top all that, I was still wide awake at 4am. I musta been think'n bout that girl over there in Del Rio. She stays up late too ya know."

    If that "girl" was me...for once I went to bed early last night...well early for me 1:30 a.m.

    I think I have told you this story or perhaps with my CRS...I think I "might of" told you. I always wanted to buy an RV after I retired and drive all across this wonderful nation of ours. I did not retire...I was laid-off so I decided I would buy a friend's RV that was in mint shape and had only had one owner.

    I told my mother the good news and she said "I have no intention of ever setting foot on your RV or going anywhere that is not within Del Rio city limits...that is your dream not mine". So I passed on the RV and now I am glad I did. After reading your blog and other full-timer blogs and seeing all you have to repair, fix and remodel there is just no way I could swing it, either physically, financially or emotionally.

    You are very fortunate to have the "know how" to fix stuff and the assistance of your sons and nephew when undertaking big jobs that require physical strength.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms Belinda,

      Not everyone needs to do as much fix'n on their Rvs as the Billy Bob does on his. I will say that they do need to be maintained and they do need to be fixed from time to time but it does not require any more physically, financially or emotionally than a sticks-n-bricks.

      Delete
  11. I'm wondering if you have tried the WD40 on your clothes; for my own future reference, mind you. I make lots of messes ....in my doddering, dwindling days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just so you will know, I use WD40 on my clothes because even if it does not clean the mess, the WD40 washes out of my clothes with no trouble at all.

      Delete
  12. GoJo hand cleaner does wonders on grease stains in cloths.

    ReplyDelete