?

?

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Fly'n missiles.....an' tater salad

Ed brought up a very good subject in the comments yesterday.....flying missiles. Everbody has them, whether go'n down the road a hunnert mile a hour in a RV, or sit'n on the counter in a stick & brick.  . Some are more dangerous than others. Stuff that can fly off counters at any unexpected moment. Boat engine parts be'n a #1 "fly'n missile". Don't nobody say they don't work on boat engines in the kitchen.....sheesh, that's pure "down town" American.

But anyhows, we are talk'n bout my books as fly'n missiles. An' we talk'n bout RV's. When I lived on my boat an' a fierce storm was headed my way, I "battened down the hatches". That's securing movable objects so's they down fly all over the place when the storm hits. I've seen many RV'ers do the same thing ever time they hit the road. It's just a safety concern so they don't have to go to Walmart an' replace all the stuff what gets broke. I suppose it's also so's somebody don't get swaked with "fly'n missiles".

Dang, this is gonna take longer than I was expect'n. Now at Billy Bob's house, we do things differently. "Sally da house" goes down the road like a Cadillac car. Nuttin gets spilled an' nuttin falls off the dash. Concerns of stuff fly'n all over the house don't even cross my mind. Well, my refrigerator door does. I've turn a corner on a gazillion occasions when that door would sling open, stuff fly out the refrigerator an' land in piles on the floor. Busted jars of pickles, pots of Billy Bob beef stew soup, gallons of milk....anything sit'n on the shelves lands on the floor. My refrigerator door has a "click" lock on it. Ya gotta push on the door till ya hear the click, then you're good to go. But I sometimes forget.
Anyhows, back to the book "missiles". They won't FIT under my bed. Although it would be a perfect place for 'em. I'm think'n I placed two Walmart bags full of books under there after I read them. The other 250 or so books have been stowed in boxes an' more Walmart bags....on the floor, in a closet, on the bedroom counter. in the passanger seat....all over the place. It may be noted, that if'n I had me a bunch of the right size boxes, I have a bunch of empty shelves in the closets. There Ed is where the books will eventually end up....maybe.

This is under my bed. There are no Walmart bags full of books under there that I can see at this point. By the way, I will tackle the job of sort'n, toss'n an' restow'n all this stuff in the very near future.....maybe. But not today. "My god Billy Bob, you got way too much stuff". I don't own a dumpster, so's I have no choice.

Ain't got no important plans for the day. Big ol' rack of ribs may go on my Weber grill later on this afternoon. Undecided at this time. Got to try out my new trivet thingy ya know.....Walmart special. Now I don't BBQ the way they do over here in Georgia.....just throw it on the grill an' forgit bout it. I'm a old timey open pit BBQ'er.....slop bbq sauce on what ever I'm cook'n. Make some smoke an' fire. Dang, I need me some tater salad, but I ain't got no eggs, celery or taters. My onions will "kick yer ass".
****************************************************************************8

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR......this shit pisses me off. I posted/published this blog post earluy this morn'n. Where is it????

Anyhows, the drawer project is com'n right along. The drawer box is completed. The front is yet to be constructed.


"Dang Billy Bob, that's a big box". 22" W, 17" D, 10" H  Shoot, I could put over 300 western books in that drawer. But I ain't. Or am I.....Hmmmmmmm.

16 comments:

  1. Put enough stuff in that drawer and you might have a new basement access.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well shoot Barney, I was think'n bring more stuff upstairs from the basement.

      Delete
  2. B.B. looks like you are well on your way to one more wonderful master carpentry works , looking good .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You look'n at it from a carefully taken photo Louie. Wait till you see the screw up I did on the oak drawer front. "My god Billy Bob....think". But I can modify it to still look pretty good.

      Delete
  3. I just knew there was more to the story!

    When you said: Ha, weren't nuttin to it. *think'n there are still more books under the bed* I thought that was where those that you showed on the counter had come from. But the rest of the story now clearly shows that those on the counter came from "....on the floor, in a closet, on the bedroom counter. in the passanger seat....all over the place" and there were MORE under the bed.

    "Sally da house" goes down the road like a Cadillac car. Nuttin gets spilled an' nuttin falls off the dash. Concerns of stuff fly'n all over the house don't even cross my mind. That certainly removes all my worries about any books becoming missiles,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ed, sometimes I have to write a whole blog just to say what I could have say in one freak'n sentence. But in the case of my books, it would have been one loooooong sentence.
      But I'm still wonder'n where I'm gonna put all my books. One place.

      Delete
  4. It doesn't relieve my mind. It only takes one idiot doing something stupid while driving to which you have to react to make things go flying in an RV. Batten the hatches, Billy Bob. Please. We don't want you hurting any more than you already do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only had me one incodent where there was a missile loose in "da house". Ya see, my dog Boudreaux used to ride on top the seat back, right over my head. Had to slam on some brakes....a idiot, an' Boudreaux come off'n that seat top a hunnert mile a hour. Land in my lap. Skeer hell out me.

      Delete
  5. My Mom is the same way about her books, she has about 500-600 westerns stacked all over the house in all sorts of sizes of boxes and when I ask her why not just get rid of them she just looks at me like I am sort of an idiot for mentioning it. WHY do you want to keep books that you have already read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ya Bob....boy howdy I sure have miss see'n ya. Hope you do'n good.
      Now bout throw'n books out. It don't make no matter if'n ya already read them, ya might git a hanker'n to read 'em again. I'm on my second round with mine.

      Delete
  6. Now that drawer looks pretty good, I built book shelves over the two valances in the bedroom hold bout a hundred books very secure. The rest in bags unread and read, hiding all over the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank ya George. I trys awful hard to make things look pretty good, but that ain't always the case. Psssssst....don't tell nobody, but that drawer box is 1/4 inches out of square. Since there ain't gonna be nobody see it, it's just fine with me.

      Books, books an' more books. Where do we put our books?

      Delete
  7. After reading your post yesterday about all the books, I went through my stash of books to see what I could get rid of. I count 4 of them so far. I need to ease into it gently though - keep going through the same books every day and I might just let a few more go. I'll take them to the library as a donation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Gypsy, I made the same mistake bout 3 years back. Gave 2 Walmart bags full of books to a library. I would read ever one of 'em again if'n I had kept 'em.

      Delete
  8. The problem I have had in my RV is the built-in space maker coffee pot that is located over the table. I am on my third pot and it takes a long time to pick up all of those little glass shards. I now carry a spare pot.

    ReplyDelete