?

?

Friday, August 8, 2014

Project done.....but I hurt

Today is one them days. You know what kind I'm talk'n bout. Ya get up all grouchy an' pissed off at the world an' don't wanna talk to nobody.

I'm think'n I'll kind of lay back on the discussion of surgery this morn'n. That's bout all we been talk'n bout for the last week, two weeks, month....what ever. I don't know what more can be said. Still a couple issues of great concern before a decision is made. After bout another 5 or 6 hours of read'n stuff on the innernet......we [this] close.

I seen that comment ya know. You know who you are....

Speak'n of comments. Yes your comments mean soooo much to me an' I dwell on each one. And yes, they help in my decision process. Makes me think ya know.

Ok, let me tell ya how stupit I was yesterday. If'n you have ever worked on a project, ya know how important the completion of that project is. Self gratification, that kind of stuff.
The third an' final coat of polyurethane was applied to the drawer front. My god it looks good.
I got to lower the refrigerator. Or so I thought. So's I lug all this stuff in "da house" to jack that sucker up to remove the supports. I take my first break.....danm, that was work lug'n all that stuff.
Then I says...."just how tight is this refrigerator"? A great big ol' screwdriver is inserted under the front trim at the top. The top slides out a half a inch. I need 4 inches to remove a water damaged piece of wood an' replace it. I gits a holt that sucker an' give it all I got. Yup, that's 4 inches.
I got to take a break.
I rips out that bad wood. Take me some measures an' go cut me a piece of beautiful oak an' install it. Still needs 3 coats of stuff on it, but fits perfect. I'm on the floor now ya know. Up an' down bout 3 or 8 times. Damn, that was work....get'n off the floor.
I got to take me a break.
I got me some drawer guides what need screwed in place. Measure stuff. "What the hell", it's not level. Now if'n ya ain't never see a motorhome built, ya don't know what crookit is. They use carpenters from down at "Kelly's Bar". Anyhows, up an' down off'n that floor, the drawer is level an' operates [this] close to perfect.
Break time.
The poly on the drawer front is dry. Time to install that sucker. Measure, measure....I install it with a few screws. Close the drawer an' "YEEEE HAAA", that sucker fits perfect. Project is done.....well almost. Some poly an' a drawer handle.



Damn, I didn't think I was gonna write that much. But what I was get'n at, is that I should have waited for help. I were one hurt'n sum-a-gun when I finished. An' all that stuff I lugged in "da house", is still in "da house". Ice pacs (froze veggies) was applied to my lower back. It helped.

13 comments:

  1. Damn, that drawer looks good! You do great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man! Up and down off the floor with a bad back? I am hurting just reading about it and my back is pretty good! It was worth it though, that drawer looks good!

    Nothing is level in a motorhome. Get something perfectly level and the next time you park, there goes the level. A tape measure is your best friend in an RV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget to seal the old vent hole up good. I can see light shining through it behind the drawer.

      Delete
    2. A couple of foam balls from Walmart will do that job really well.

      Delete
  3. That drawer looks some good, wonderful how those renovations make a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure looks good. Probably a good idea to do these projects before surgery. Might be fretting at being unable to do them while you are recuperating. Hope you feel better today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you'd rather eat your frozen veggies try this instead: 2 zip top bags. Put 1 cup water to 1/2 cup rubbing alcohol in one bag--more if needed depending on size of bag keeping 2:1 ratio. Push as much air out of the bag as you can. Zip top, place inside second bag, and zip that top. Freeze for at least an hour. This makes a slush that conforms to your body's shape. Put a towel between you and the frozen bag or freeze your skin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son saw the doc today, after the myelogram. There is a bone growth that has to be removed, and he is seeing that doc in 2 weeks. Just talked to him a minute. Thats all i know right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi B.B. great job on your drawer project , hey barney there are thousands of rv / moble home parks down here . the rv parks that i like are the ones that are the cheapest and to get the cheapest rate you must pay up front for 1 year .the park that i am in is located in the middle of the( rgv ) rio grande valley ,mc allen is 30 miles and brownsville is 30 miles , the rate here is $275 per month includes everything . 1 year rate is $1100 a year plus $75 per month electricity so that works out to approx. $168 per month, i do not look for luxury or anything fancy ,so my tastes is perhaps different than your ,this is america where you can pay just about what ever you want to pay . there are park the rent is $3,000 per month. plus electric ect..

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi B.B. to be fare barney the rv park where i am has mostly all illegal mexicans and there dam little bratts it is not a over 55 years old park anymore . it really is the closest thing to camping in the hood in mexico. it is surely not for every one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's more up and down and around than I can do with a good back. Congratulations to your will power and get-up-and-go attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why is there a light behind the drawer? Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks real nice, Billy Bob. What did you decide to do to lock the drawer during travel?

    ReplyDelete