?

?

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Ha ha ha, you lost your bet

And we have a winner. Somebody betted I would make it to Walmart yesterday....betted a hunnert dollar. But, that person don't know how close they was to be'n a hunnert dollar short this morn'n. Bout *this* close.

Ya see, Robert come by to drop off the new foam rubber for the couch. You know, that stiff couch. We sit down an' talk bout stuff....buy'n property, vacations, camp'n trips, my back. Walmart entered the picture. Let's go to Walmart. I'm think'n I only cuss one time the entire ordeal. *some guy parked in the "expressway", block'n traffic in all directions, wait'n for his wife to return....or something like that. I had to say something 'cause I was want'n by. But I was kind of sorta nice in my selection of "profanities"....damn, shoot, hell....stuff like that.

I was gonna only spend something like $43 at Walmart. That was my plan...an' I'm stick'n to it. Well, when you take your son shop'n with ya, ya spend a bit more. $157 an' some change.

I don't own a belt sander an' my files are all rusty, so I bought me up a electric knife sharpener. Dull knives piss me off. I sharpen knives last night. I also burn my Digerno (spell check is of no help) pizza out there on the Weber grill. Dang, why didn't I take a pic of it??? But I eat it anyhows.

Now how do ya answer a comment when ya don't know? I ain't no doctor or nuttin like that, but I'm think'n that 11 year old golfer had a previous back injury of some sort before he took that first swing. With my back issues, I am very careful not to twist my back on the swing. Well, as little as possible anyhows. Think 3/4 swing. The ball don't go as far, but it don't hurt as bad neither. I would get the little golfer checked out by a professional....not golfer, but doctor.

Speak'n of golf, damn I sure do miss swak'n golf balls. This is the one thing I hated see'n in my final days....NOT swak'n golf balls. Think'n ahead by bout 3, 4 or 6 to 8 months....."Barney, you hit that tree over there". I'm in the fairway...bout 200 yards or so. Dang, I can hardly wait.

Ok, I done got me too many projects. Think'n there's bout 4 of 'em now. An' I ain't started one. I got the materials sit'n out there in the garage, but I ain't got the energy to walk that far. Did some bedroom clean'n, sort'n an' toss'n. Big ol' bag full of button up shirts to go to Goodwill. Shelves are still half empty.

All that clean'n I did a couple days ago, you know, make "Sally da house" all spik an' span??? Well, that was two days ago. In my book, that clean'n was a total waste of my precious time. You git to where I'm com'n from....right? "Sally da house" is again a disaster.

Ok, this morn'n I got up feel'n pretty good. Oh, before I forget, I bought up some that Chiggerex stuff. Hmmmmm, that stuff does a pretty good job. I'm think'n I slept the whole night an' never waked up one time. It's been a while.

Only a feww more days till they stick that big ol' needle in me an' draw out some my blood. As thin as my blood is, it shouldn't take very long. Of the meds I take, one is a blood thinner (Plavix)....along with the aspirins I take every day, my blood is very thin....like water.

Ok, I'm gonna do something. Don't know what, but I got a big choice. 

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you got a good night's rest. That can make all the difference in my book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a while Jim. Sure do feel much better today....do'n stuff.

      Delete
  2. I stopped by Walmart yesterday on the way home. I needed some bread and peanut butter. Walked out $91 poorer. Half way to the Jeep realized I'd forgotten the bread and peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shadow....an' Barney. Many time I forget my shop'n list an' end up without the most important items...an' still spend over a hunnert dollars.

      Tell us about the floods in Phoenix....sheesh!!

      Delete
  3. Before my recent surgery I had to stop taking aspirin and anything that worked as a blood thinner, such as fish oil capsules. That got me to thinkin' - hell, if fish oil capsules work as a blood thinner then I don't need all that aspirin. I'm down to about 2 baby aspirin a week and I'm still kickin'. You are sounding like you're in much better spirits lately. Just don't work yourself too hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't take aspirin to thin my blood. It's to help me make it through the day in a little less pain. I would like to get rid of this dad gum Plavix though. These bruises suck.

      I've a had a few good days an' a few bad days. Been hold'n back a bit on mention'n the bad days. Ha, make everbody think I'm "just fine".

      Delete
    2. The bruises are what made me decide to quit the aspirin, which I've taken to thin my blood. Now I don't look so bruised like a battered woman!

      Delete
  4. Thanks, BillyBob, for replying to grandkid's swing problem. Today I'm a tad perturbed at the kid as he was showing me his golf swing when he picked up my 2 lb arm weight showing me where his fingers go; and swoosh out goes the weight directly into my 49" flat screen TV. Perturbed, but not angry at him. MiamiGal

    ReplyDelete