?

?

Friday, August 1, 2014

Let's see where this goes

 I been sit'n here for the last two hours try'n to figger what to write today. I rekon I'll just write an' see where it leads.

But first....I was sit'n here think'n last night. While watch'n my slide show of bout 3000 or so photos on the last 10, 12, or 14 years of my travels, I come to the conclusion...."I've been everywhere man, I've been every where. My god, I been to a million places in the last 14 years...or is it 12? Travel'n all the southern states from Florida to California, there ain't a whole bunch I missed. Well, there is....I just ain't got there yet.
 Of course, the state of Texas is one my favorite places to be. Texas has everthing ya know. Forests, hill country, mountains, desert, miles an' miles of pristine beaches, a gazillion lakes....the "Alamo" an' oil wells. Take yer pick.

If'n I recall, this is Victoria Landing....in the peach state Ga. 2002. Or was it 2003???
On the lake I got this pic of a "macho" boater.
An' I catched me some fishes there too. 

Let's git back to them books. I only mentioned 'em yesterday 'cause I didn't know where to stow 'em. Deep down, there weren't no way I would ever let them go....dumpster, give away, sell or trade at a book store. These books are "MINE" an' I got me a plenty places to stow them until I get a urge to read again. Ain't the best place to stow books.....a cleared "girlie make up" counter in the bedroom. And yes I have a ton of Louis Dearborn L'Amour. Out of his over 250 short stories, I have right bout 100 or so. An' excellent writer. Full of accurate western history. I rode with him all the way to Montana an' back. Chas'n outlaws, range wars, Indian battles, cattle drives...I was right there.

Boy howdy, did I get some work done yesterday or not? Well mostly not. Ya see, I fount a stack of old notebooks what I write an' draw stuff in. Sheesh, I spended a couple hours read'n all that crap an' look'n at my old drawn'ns from years ago. Write everthing down an' never throw notebooks in the dumpster. Good rule to live by.
Anyhows, that long ass counter back there is almost clear of "stuff". Needs a good warsh'n. Two big ol' bags of "stuff" ready for the dumpster. Now I got 3 empty drawers an' 3 bedroom shelves still to be filled. Gonna have to go to Walmart I rekon to replenish all the stuff what I throwed out. May need it ya know.

Shirts. Anybody need or want some shirts? Ya see, I don't wear shirts no more. Just these pull over thingys with a collar an' a pocket for my smokes.....cough cough. That's what professional golfers wear ya know. Goodwill is just down the street a piece.

Just for Louie. Had you kept up with my blog, you would know I sold the "da porch" to the property owner 3 years ago. The "Dog House Bar an' Grill" still sit's on 'da porch" in Deming, NM. Wayne is still kick'n an' jack'n jaws.

10 comments:

  1. It will be interesting to see where you go when you pull out of Georgia in a few weeks. As you say there are still a few places that have not received the "Mark of BillyBob".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Few weeks??? Shoot, the way things are go'n, it may be in a "few months". I'm much worse than the last time you seen me.....but I still wake up every morn'n. That's a plus.

      Delete
  2. You sure sound pretty good today! Getting rid of stuff and making more room for new stuff always makes a person feel like they accomplished something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that there are only 6 or 7 states that I haven't been in. I have also been in 6 Canadian provinces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a seasoned, heavy traveler,no doubt about that, BB. That is one cute pink building. Looks a bit narrow front to back though for a dog, 'cept one of those weiner kind. Can't tell if stretching Blackie is a dog or a cat. Or is that a stretching and yawning stance; maybe it is a defensive stance?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You been travelling, and lots of great memories, from those times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. patience, my man, patience . replies are a sign of respect to readers who comment, appreciation for their interest in what is written. may be louies not had enuf time to read back 3 years of your posts. who am i to say though, only an old coger fellow reaching out for people interaction too, like old louie. i have many queer notions, thoughts and ideas since i lost my wife and this loud silence is bad. big and bad wishing for a nice friend, som company.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi B.B. thxs for answering me about pesky wayne ,next time you talk to him pls tell him i say hi .i remember when you built that nice shed you paid $1100 plus your labour . see what i am talking about you used to do so many neet things , gold digging , creating solar ovens , fixing and modifying golf carts ,climbing up on your roof to install solar panels and then install more solar panels , you used to be the boondocking king .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You certainly give me complete recall - well almost ...er, er, er some recall - reading about all this a year or so ago. Oh dear. Ever heard "A mind is a terrible thing to lose"? It sure is. That's me. I can't believe I'd forgotten all this about BB's adventures. Thank ye much. I jdo know he's had me laughing about every day, taught me a lot too. Ha! Doesn't mean I'll remember it later though!


      Hmm, now what was I talkin' about"? har har har hardy har.
      Anyways, I like that Billy Bob puts me on a happy track most every day and I'm hoping for the best, the Very Very best regarding this pain issue. Yep, he's a Bloggin' King, hands down, far as I'm concerned. Starts my days rollin'.

      Delete
  8. B.B. thxs for the picture of the porch and dog house ,that picture looks like things are pink ,i remember it to be brown.

    ReplyDelete