?

?

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Encouraging comments make me feel good

Well, I've sit here this morn'n try'n to figger out how to answer all the comments from yesterday. When I started read'n 'em last night, I said there ain't no way I can respond to each one. I would have still been writ'n at 3 a clock in the morn'n.

Now I didn't read them comments just one time last night....I read 'em two an' three times, let'n all them words of encouragement sink into this hard head of mine. You do know I'm hard headed....right??? I was overwhelmed by what everbody had to say. Ok, overwhelmed probly ain't the correct word to use in this situation.....what the hell am I try'n to say? I were all excitis, that what I was. Gold stars for everbody.

Some of the things said last night had already floated through my mind the entire day. I weren't think'n "decisions decisions", I were think'n silly stuff. Like "damn, it's gonna be cold here in Georgia". "What good is it to fix my legs an' still hurt in my back"? That's a biggie. "How am I gonna get my heart medications prescribed for another year"? I even think'n bout....watch it now....that dad gum wheelchair. I cain't live in "Sally da house" in no wheelchair. There was a ton of other "negative" thoughts I was think'n bout, but there was a few positive thoughts also. Ha ha, don't laugh, but I could swak a golf ball 250 yards.....just think'n out loud here. Shoot, maybe even beat the OFM Barney's ass.

Back to yesterdays comments. I ain't gonna mention no names....although in some cases I do. The thought of "do'n nuttin" struck me right where I live. I know how I feel today...an' for the last two years, I don't want to go another two years feel'n the same, or much worse. It can only get worse as time goes by.

After do'n some research on laminectomy, I got me a bunch of questions I would like to discuss with the doctor. Mainly the part bout not fix'n the pain in my back. But....when I look at that MRI an' see what gonna be done, it has to correct the pinch'n on the nerves that are caus'n the pains. But then again, I ain't no professional MRI reader. There could be other issues back there caus'n these "in my back" pains. Then there was the part where I'm gonna hurt for maybe a month after surgery. Shoot, I were think'n instant pain relief. Dang....negative thoughts piss me off.

Anyhows, I will still be do'n some more research. I'm close to say'n "to hell with it".....git it fixed or continue to live like ya do. Liv'n like this sucks.

Once again I want to commend each of you that commented yesterday. Made my heart do a flip flop. A good 'un flip flop.

Ok, that's all I have to say bout that for the day. I got me some think'n to do. You know, make arrangements an' stuff like that. Do some more read'n.

Oh, while I think bout it. I'll be in a hospital for this surgery. If'n I was to have a heart attack, there should be enough doctors there to take care of me. Right??? That's my think'n anyhows.

That project drawer front was sanded an' has two coats of polyurethane on it. One to go. It's freak'n beautiful....through my eyes. Not professional, but ain't nobody gonna see it but me. There's a slim possibility I may try to lower the refrigerator today. I ain't do'n no dad gum dishes, or sweep'n no floors....stuff like that. I have a project to finish. 

 


21 comments:

  1. It's always good to have some nice comments to ponder. Lots of folks are thinking good thoughts for ya, Billy Bob.

    Having blogging friends is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After my son's 3rd spine surgery, his first words coming out of the operating room,, "There's no pain!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would dearly love to say them same words.

      Delete
    2. And those are the words we want to see on this Blog. In great big capital letters.

      Delete
  3. Like you said if you do nothing it will get worse, so do what ya gotta do, and think the possibilities are very good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I got me a bunch of questions I would like to discuss with the doctor." Now that is GOOD THINKING. Evaluate the risks with the BEST information you can get. Decide and go for it whatever the decision. Piss on the cooler weather, you have been in much colder weather in Sally and stayed quite warm. I have seen that in person ya know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothings worse than a pain in he arse, except a pain in the back. Hope you come out of the procedure pain free, like Trouble's son did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just checked your timeline for if you choose surgery soon. It would put you in Georgia for Thanksgiving Dinner (which might be a really good thing) and then leave for South Texas the next Monday. The temps in Ga are not really that cold until in January and by then you could be basking in the sun on a golf course near the Rio Grande and catching 14# bass from the lake. By the way you ain't got a chance on earth of beating me on the golf course the way I am playing now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pain after surgery will be a different type of pain, related to the surgery and easily managed. I'm certain that the surgeon will be happy to prescribe your heart meds for you. Add that to your list of questions for when you see him next.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is impossible to advise others on this sort of thing but what your posts have done is to force us to consider what WE would do if faced with the same circumstances. Everyone has different criteria. I know someone who is perfectly content to stay at home, read and compute and has pretty much given up on ever doing anything exciting ever again. On the other hand my brother-in-law has had every kind of experimental, no guarantees offered leg and hip surgery he could talk doctors into just to keep a little bit mobile. All came with risks but so far, he is surviving.

    I can only say that from my own point of view, quality of life and the chance of increased pain free (or at leased reduced pain) freedom and mobility is more important to me and if faced with your choices, I would go for it. I would have the operation. I am not saying this to influence you, just to give you my point of view. I am sure you are doing a lot of thinking,

    As to the weather, that is not a real factor. We spent many winters on the Alaska border and survived them You could crank up the heat and get through it as well. Besides, you have all those offers of help moving to a warmer climate after it is over! You are a lucky man.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Contessa - since you've already been prescribed heart meds, I think the surgeon would be ok with just renewing the prescription for another year.

    One thing I want to say about pain after surgery for what, a month or so? If there is anything to be said for being 70+ it is that time speeds up. So a month of pain is over in what seems like just a few days! (That is looking back on it, of course.) Tolerating the post-surgery pain is possible when you think of the day when the pain goes away. Good luck to you and I know you'll make the right decision for you, Billy Bob!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ditto on the good thoughts, and prayers for the right decision, whatever it may be. Your blggin' buddies will still be here, waiting to hear about your new adventures, and even some old ones, again...........

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi B.B. i have to make a serious extraction from what i said about ( 175 miles south of sinton is in fact well into mexico ) i really meant to say that it is153 miles straight south of sinton texas to brownsville texas ,and it still is in the U.S.A. sorry barney for the mistake and thanks for the correction.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi B.B. i just like to say that 153 mile straight south of sinton has golf courses all over the place , south padre island has lots of good fishing , not too far is port mans field tx where last week some one caught a i think the tv news said it was 16 foot shark . thats beets your 14 pound bass in falcon lake ,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep Louie lots of golf courses down in the RGV. I have many blogger friends that winter over down there. The Brownsville area is a great place if you like lots of folks to visit. Current fishing reports for that area are very available on TexasKayakFisherman.com. Just look for Texnomad for accurate reports. Be safe Louie. First we have to get BB able to walk more than fifty feet in an hour. Which campground are you partial to?

      Delete
  13. Any relief in pain is a good thing. I cannot enjoy many things I like to do while I am in pain. Actually, there are things I cannot do, so reduction to only half the pain would work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello,
    I have been following along with your travels for quite some time now, thinking towards my own future.
    I had a laminectomy/discectomy about 3 years ago, my MRI looked very similar to yours. I will only speak for myself here because back surgery is nothing to take lightly. I was willing to take the 75% just to get rid of the leg cramps/spasms and and some relief from my back pain. I still have back pain but I can live with it and manage the pain now. I am grateful for the relief I got from the surgery. I went to a great surgeon/hospital that specialized in this sort of thing. I knew going in I wouldn't be "cured" but I might get some relief. I was willing to take that chance. I also found that the recovery time they quoted me was "worst case scenario" and I took it as a challenge to show them I would be their 'poster patient'. It wasn't any worse then my worst night walking the floor trying to get the leg cramps to go away...their meds were alot better!
    Without all this said, I'm speaking for myself only here. I would hate for you to miss an opportunity to get some help and continue on with your journey. I want to hear more about your future travels and see where you land. I'm just a few years younger then you and hoping to hit the road myself in a couple of years. I just wanted to share my experience with you and hope that whatever you decide to do, please don't let fear stop you from getting the help you need. It sounds like you've got great support and all the help you'll need. I really enjoy your updates when I get to work each morning, dreaming of doing what you are doing.
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  15. All I can do is send hugs. And mention that I could use a guide to show this Midwestern gal around the Southwest here. We got adventures to pursue! Walker, wheelchair, cane, or me chasin' you down the trail, whatever works.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Got the same problem with my back, but I figure if I hold my breath until the VA does something about it then I won't have any problems at all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi B.B. hey barney there are thousands of rv / moble home parks down here . the rv parks that i like are the ones that are the cheapest and to get the cheapest rate you must pay up front for 1 year .the park that i am in is located in the middle of the( rgv ) rio grande valley ,mc allen is 30 miles and brownsville is 30 miles , the rate here is $275 per month includes everything . 1 year rate is $1100 a year plus $75 per month electricity so that works out to approx. $168 per month, i do not look for luxury or anything fancy ,so my tastes is perhaps different than your ,this is america where you can pay just about what ever you want to pay . there are park the rent is $3,000 per month. plus electric ect..

    ReplyDelete